What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » side by side error WLM 11 (ID 78)

side by side error WLM 11 (ID 78)
Author: Message:
Tak

O.P. side by side error WLM 11 (ID 78)
Hi! I tried to install WLM 2011 and I got this side by side error. I use windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit SP2 with the update platform. I also uninstalled and reinstalled all the essentials suite and also all the VC++ (2005 and 2008) with their updates but the problem still remains...The ID of the error is 78 and is about msmgr.exe and I tried also the Resource Tuner but neither this worked...Any ideas will be welcomed...Thanks!
12-13-2010 02:26 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
mynetx
Skinning Contest Winner

Microsoft insider

36 / Male / Flag
RE: side by side error WLM 11 (ID 78)
Hello Tak,

Did you try removing any Visual C++-related programs and then install Messenger?
mynetx - Microsoft, enhanced.

You have a problem or issue with Windows, Internet
Explorer or Office?
Send a tweet!
12-30-2010 06:39 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Tak

O.P. RE: side by side error WLM 11 (ID 78)
Hi! Yes, I unistalled and reinstalled all the VC++ many times. When you say related programs, which do you mean? How can I know which programs are related to the VC++?? Thank you!
01-13-2011 02:39 PM
td1947

Hi, just wanted to say that from useful tips from this forum, I appear to have fixed MY specific issue with WLM (part of Windows Live Essentials - running on VISTA ULTIMATE 64-BIT).
Now the msnmsgr.exe was at version 15.4.3508.1109, and I noticed it was not starting up (don't use it very often anyway, so could have been bad for a week or more), so I decided to look in the event viewer. It seemed to be getting a side-by-side error, associated with error 33 (if normal user) and error 78 (if ADMIN). Both seemed to point to conflicts with a C++ item, VC90. For some reason (product/program mix, updates etc) had ended up with THREE versions of MS C++ libraries (4 lumps of various 2005 parts/updates, plus 2 of 2008 varieties and ONE C++ 2010). Anyway, most posts seem to find that the 2008 varieties are the culprits, but your mileage may vary, depending on your products mixes.  WARNING: before doing ANYTHING, take a system restore point, and check before and after any uninstalls, that your OTHER MAIN things you run on your PC still run OK.
Here is what I did - uninstalled ALL C++ 2008 parts, then chose the REPAIR option for WLE (Windows Live Essentials). This takes a while (could be up to 10 MINS or so, depending on your PC speed), and your AV products might detect that the version of msnmsgr.exe has changed, just OK that message. At least it loads and starts up now.  HTH, TD
04-25-2011 04:34 PM
klanger64

Removed all Microsoft Visual C++ with the 2008 reference. Repaired WLE and still get the same side-by-side error message. Cannot open and get to by calendar and my emails. Any help that can solve my problem would be appreciated
09-06-2011 11:29 PM
spazzizzle

I get this error to tried everything, and still get it.. it happened after a windows update.. I think they need to figure out what casued it and fixed it!
09-18-2011 03:48 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: