What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » very frustrating 800072745 error

very frustrating 800072745 error
Author: Message:
Glen_S

O.P. very frustrating 800072745 error
I have not been able to log in all day from my main workstation, which is at my place of work. I don't think its a firewall issue or anything like that, as my old workstation still signs in ok, same version of live messenger etc. (version 2008 build 8.5.1302.1018) and the connection troubleshooter shows no errors. I have tried re syncing time, running ccleaner on registry, reinstalling, uninstalling, rebooting, and even an older version of windows messenger, all get the same 800072745 error. The hosts file in both workstations in \system32\drivers\etc are all the same. I've googled this all day and have hit dead ends.

Since it was working fine all last week, and just started this today, I am suspecting time sync, but I have run "net time /set/yes" several times to make sure both workstations have the same time from our AD server, but still no diff, one PC signs in fine, the other errors out. 

Any ideas of what to try next?

thanks
11-03-2008 11:37 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: