What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » lost in translation (from 3 to live)

lost in translation (from 3 to live)
Author: Message:
darthziv

O.P. Huh?  lost in translation (from 3 to live)
i had a wonderfull working relationship with msgplus 3, used the floeating for some ppl, changed everyones names, had history logs and added stuff like phone numbers and other contacts in the info

then i needed to reinstall my computer (msg 7.5 started demanding an upgrade to live which didnt work, so the re-instalation was a must)

so i installed 8 live.... its nice, though without my msgplus the list was in a chaos, i can't figure who's who.... so i installed msplus live
the list is still in chaos, i cant find my logs..... and all the contact info i wrote about everyone is gone....
obviously thats because it didnt do everything automathicly by searching my old msgplus 3 files

but how do i do that? how do i tell it to go, search inside the msg3 files and get whatever it needs to give me back the info, names and floating of everyone....

I cant use my msn anymore.... Help me Obi-One
09-18-2007 08:37 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
darthziv

O.P. RE: lost in translation (from 3 to live)
doesnt anyone know what to do? i got the msgplus 3 files...
cant i retrieve the data?
09-19-2007 09:32 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
MattyRid
Veteran Member

Red Bull Racing Australia

– / Male / Flag
RE: lost in translation (from 3 to live)
any contact info stored from plus! 3 is not transferred in the upgrade as windows live messenger has that feature and hence no method of transferring that info has been worked out yet, well to my knowledge anyway.

As for the logs have a search in the my documents folder for them and see what comes up, I'm a bit surprised that old chat logs haven't been picked up yet :S
Red Bull Racing Australia - Triple Eight Race Engineering - Holden
09-19-2007 09:45 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: