What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » live messenger help needed please

live messenger help needed please
Author: Message:
lowrider69

60 / Male / Flag
O.P. Huh?  live messenger help needed please
hi there,

can any one help with my messenger probs please,

i,am running live messenger 8.1 on windows xp

i was getting an error code 80072745 so i done a search on here and read the thread below.............

i tried doing the intrutions below to fix it and still cannot sign in to messenger:(

after trying the intrutions below i,am now getting a error 81000306

can any one help please as the error seems to change to a diffrent error number each time i try to fix the problem..

many thanks if you can help:D

ps will cheak my email hourly to see if i,ve got any replys(Y)
......................................................................................................................

Try this...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is sometimes caused by the cache left on Internet Explorer. If your internet's working fine, then follow these steps. Otherwise, skip the bullet-points and read below.

* Close MSN Messenger
    * Open Internet Explorer. Set it to work offline (File -> Work Offline)
    * Close Internet Explorer and reopen it. Now set it to work online (File -> Work Offline [Untick]).
    * Open Command Prompt (Start -> Run -> type "cmd" and hit enter)
    * Type "ipconfig /flushdns". You should recieve a message that your DNS has been successfully flushed.
    * You should now be able to connect to MSN Messenger. Open MSN and see if the problem is fixed. If it is, stop reading!

09-19-2007 04:55 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
lowrider69

60 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: live messenger help needed please
Hi just an update not sure if this will help with fixing the problem.

i have a spare laptop that i have just formated and got it online and downloaded a fresh install of live messenger onto the laptop.

when trying to sign in to live messenger on the laptop i still got an eorror 80072745 so i went over to my main pc and rebooted and now instead of the error 81000306 i,am getting the same error as the laptop which is 80072745

hope some one can help with this as being a disabled person and pretty much house bound i do rely on messenger to keep in touch with my friends...

thanks again...

alan:)
09-19-2007 06:41 AM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: live messenger help needed please
Try the following:
- Go into your router/connection (LAN) configuration
- In the DNS Address section (Internet-protocol TCP/IP) do not use 'Get Automatically from ISP', instead use static IP adresses for the Primary and Secondary DNS (your provider can tell you which to use if none are there already)

This post was edited on 09-19-2007 at 09:55 AM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
09-19-2007 09:54 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
lowrider69

60 / Male / Flag
thanks sunshine:D its working now seems it was the router i,am useing my friends wireless at the moment while i wait for mine to be connected and i got him to reset his router and that seems to have fixed it(Y)

thanks again:D
09-19-2007 10:01 AM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
You're welcome :)

I have come across a similar issue myself once. I couldn't get on the net whilst my router said it was connected...phoned help desk and they told me to set static IP adresses for DNS. After a bit of googling i found this is also related to Windows Live Messenger error message 80072745.

I'm glad my steps were clear enough and that it fixed your problem :)
09-19-2007 10:09 AM
lowrider69

60 / Male / Flag
funny you should say that sunshine i had that happen the other day i was connected but could not get a web page to open, took two days of working it out before i said to my friend next door to reset his router and then it worked right away... i,am new to wireless but getting the hang of it pretty fast lol
09-19-2007 10:16 AM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
Yea, resetting the router often helps as it will assign other IP adresses (when set to get them from ISP automaticly).  To prevent it happening again use static IP adresses for DNS.

When it happened to me all of a sudden no page would open, MSNM disconnected and i couldn't get on anymore. First thought was hmm Internet is off, maintenance perhaps...but when it was still like that the next day i decided to call my ISP. They told me to set it like that....i was pretty new to routers back then myself too.

This post was edited on 09-19-2007 at 10:33 AM by Sunshine.
09-19-2007 10:24 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: