What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Hiding Buddy's email address

Hiding Buddy's email address
Author: Message:
thanatos65

O.P. Hiding Buddy's email address
Does anyone know of a way or a script that will hide the email address of the person I am chatting with on my screen.  I use MSN at work with some work buddies and they use it for work so their email addresses have to be their work addresses, but it also happens to be their name and company name and I don't want anyone seeing that appear on my screen.  I cannot find a way to do it and was hoping someone here would know, or could create a script.

On an aside, I really don't understand M'softs purpose for nicknames if they are going to display your email addy in every conversation window even when you mark it as private in your profile.
09-27-2007 09:00 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Hiding Buddy's email address
You will need to 'patch' the area out. This option is in most modern patches, but I know it is definitely in A-Patch. It basically removes the element where the email address is held within the conversation window :).
09-27-2007 09:07 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
thanatos65

O.P. RE: Hiding Buddy's email address
Thank you thank you thank you. I had tried another patching program, but I couldn't find an option to remove that.  A-patch worked great!!

I had posted that question on a M'soft board and of course they had no way to do it... duh

I still think it is stupid that they display that info.  Yeah, I know who I am talking to and what their email is, but I don't want every person who happens to glance at my screen to see my buddies email.

09-27-2007 09:25 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: