What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Motherboards, Sata and Vista (reccommendations/fixes/HELP!! :-( )

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Motherboards, Sata and Vista (reccommendations/fixes/HELP!! :-( )
Author: Message:
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Motherboards, Sata and Vista (reccommendations/fixes/HELP!! :-( )
Dunno why but my last post didn't go through :(

I was talking to Sunshine about this yesterday before it crashed on me.

It would seem very odd and highly unlikely that both hard-drives would 'go' at the same time and cause problems booting, especially as they are on different power cables and of different types, 1 SATA 1 IDE

Now that I'm buying a CPU,RAM, Mobo Bundle, that's been tested before transit I should be able to knock off my 2 main theories; RAM and Mobo, especially as the MoBo is Vista Supported and the RAM will be of the same type and current standard. I seem to have a history of RAM issues (despite all testers giving me an all clear) of which sorted themselves out upon Vista installation surprisingly

I was aware of Vista's dynamic installation techniques thus needing to repair/re-install Vista, I plan to back up as much data as I can and then re-format/re-install Vista again before re-instating the backed up data.

Hopefully this will stop the issues, as currently I can't get vista to load fully before crashing aprox. 40 seconds after sign in, startup items will no longer continue to load, system quickly becomes more and more un-responsive till mouse locks up then either it'll BSOD or just stay like that and turn off whenever i press the main power button in (rather than hold in for 4 seconds+)

Hopefully the new parts will arrive tomorrow or Wednesday via the new courier (yn)
10-08-2007 07:19 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

35 / Male / Flag
new parts in (proud of myself, although still gotta get front LED lights to work properly Done :P) and posting from vista x64 (didn't even need to repair,re-format or re-install anything) :D

whatever it was seems to be eliminated so far

Addition 1:

HMMM the 0x....F4 error appears to be related to my IDE drive, as i tried to format and install XP onto it and it BSOD'd with the same STOP code each time, so it would appear i had a problem with a hard drive after all as well as my motherboard.

This post was edited on 10-11-2007 at 12:30 AM by aNILEator.
10-10-2007 10:18 PM
Jhrono
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Motherboards, Sata and Vista (reccommendations/fixes/HELP!! :-( )
quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
although still gotta get front LED lights to work properly
Go to your motherboard's manual and check for the jumper positions. Then, look at the cables included with your case and read what's on them, then connect them respectively. Should be very straight forward.
The world is yours
10-11-2007 12:02 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

35 / Male / Flag
I got them about a minute after posting that (should have edited it really), I just had to flip the jumper's to face the other way, some worked either way but LED's didn't. Thanks for the reply though :)

stricken through it now :P

This post was edited on 10-11-2007 at 12:30 AM by aNILEator.
10-11-2007 12:29 AM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: