What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Script Question

Script Question
Author: Message:
QuoteTheRaven666

O.P. Script Question
Is there any way to combine the Chat Counter script and the Online - Total - Blocked script into one big script?

When I use both in conjunction, sometimes the time between the switch goes from an even amount to like 2 seconds, for example:

Chat counter displays in PM
*3 seconds later*
Online-Total-Blocked displays in PM
*3 seconds later*
*3 seconds later*
*half a second later*
*3 seconds later*
*half a second later*
etc.

I wanna know if anyone can combine the 2 scripts so I can have the counter AND the Online/Total/Blocked as one big personal message. Thanks!

This post was edited on 09-27-2007 at 03:41 AM by QuoteTheRaven666.
09-27-2007 03:27 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Script Question
Chat Counter (renamed to PSM+) let's you have the number of online, total and blocked contacts in your personal message anyway. If you want them to alternate, I suggest waiting for the full release of PSM+ 4 which will be happening in the next couple of weeks
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
09-27-2007 07:56 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
QuoteTheRaven666

O.P. RE: Script Question
Thanks Spunk! I love your scripts btw. Also, your sexy woman avatars give me a strange tingly in the pants feeling. (I'm 19, I'm joking, I'm just trying to be an idiot :P)
09-27-2007 11:06 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
Stars all round for idiot factor then (*)(*)(*)(*)(*)
09-27-2007 11:32 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
markee
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
Personally I think it might be nice if these kind of scripts could use just parameters that people put into their PSM, and then if if gets updated and hence no parameter there (the script replaced it last time) then it uses a regular expression to find what it last put in and then update that.  It might also mean that you would have to remember more commands and have more unused timers in the background, but then you don't even have to worry about turning the script off if you decide not to use that type of command for the time being (well if it isn't in there then the script can just wait for the event of when the PSM is changed can't it?).

I just feel that this would be the nicer way for the scripts to work, even if only the more advanced scripters (the ones with RegExp experience) used this idea.
[Image: markee.png]
09-27-2007 11:45 AM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
I'm experimenting with puttingan invisible character at the end of the psm... If it detects it in the psm, it will update, if not then it leaves it alone until the user manually chooses to update

EDIT: Added a space at the end of the personal message now (ALT-0160). PSM+ detects the space and then updates, else carries on running in the background. This should stop the flicker when other scripts set the personal message. However, that means that my script is submissive and allows other scripts to have a higher priority.

This post was edited on 09-27-2007 at 12:26 PM by Spunky.
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
09-27-2007 12:08 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: