What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » We were unable to start a conversation with..

We were unable to start a conversation with..
Author: Message:
iplaydead

O.P. We were unable to start a conversation with..
Okay, I have posted here before but no-one had answered me. Well, here's my problem: I can talk to my contacts for a while, but then suddenly, they just stop speakin, and when I log out, I have an error message, which says "We were unable to start a conversation with.." and when I log back in and ask, why didn't they answer to me, they say that they didn't see my messages. It's like, I can talk for hours, but nobody sees my text and I don't know, if they see it or not, unless I log out and have that error message. I have had this problem about six months now, I have tried everything, uninstalled messenger, reinstalled it, tried various versions of MSN, but nothing helps but this is REALLY annoying, so can anybody PLEASE help me?
09-27-2007 04:58 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
artfuldodga

RE: We were unable to start a conversation with..
I recently just started having this same problem, no one seems to know whats up though....

wish someonebody could explain it.
10-02-2007 05:07 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
Have either of you installed some new networking hardware (modem, router, switch, etc.) or installed a new firewall recently?  Or possibly even changed something in your network settings or created a new VPN?  To me it sounds as though the messages are being blocked, likely something to do with your software or hardware as this message can occur when a message is being received from another person when you signout (I find this to be the common source for me getting this error).

Apart from that, did you install any new software or update any software just before this started happening?
[Image: markee.png]
10-02-2007 05:19 AM
artfuldodga

I don't remember installing any new software that would affect Messenger in this way... Messenger itself has been updated to Beta 2 recently.

I am still connecting directly to the .NET Messenger Service although I am also connected to the internet through a UPnP Symmetric NAT (which I wasn't before) this is because of my new Internet Package.

Could it be something with UPnP screwing it up.
10-02-2007 02:09 PM
iplaydead

O.P. RE: We were unable to start a conversation with..
I haven't installed something new, or at least I don't remember I have.. but I talked to my friend, who knows stuff about computers and yes, he told the same thing, that something is blocking the messages but we couldn't work out what it could be. My firewall isn't turned on at all and my antivirus program isn't blocking MSN too.
10-02-2007 08:05 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: