What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » PowerPoint Shockwave Flash Object - Problem

PowerPoint Shockwave Flash Object - Problem
Author: Message:
welsh_pcwhiz

Cymru :-)

31 / Male / Flag
O.P. Huh?  PowerPoint Shockwave Flash Object - Problem
Situation:

I'm currently working on a school project and have created a Macromedia Flash (MX/8) animation that has to be imported into PowerPoint.

I have managed to do all of the above, however I also need to insert an 'invisible hotspots' over sections of the animation.

Problem:

I insert the hotspot (i just use a rectangle and add Action Settings to it) and it all looks fine in design view, but when I view it as a slide show the hotspot seems to be 'sent to back'. I then return to design view but it is not sent to back - it's just how I created it in design view originally. Just to confirm, I bring the hotspot back to front.
  [Note: I have also tried this with coloured hotspots and the same happens.]

Solution?

I believe that this may just be an unsolvable problem that Microsoft have overlooked...

BUT if anyone has ANY idea on how I can solve this OR why it is happening, please reply here!!

[Note: I am using PowerPoint 2000 on a Windows XP.]

If anyone has any questions about this situation please reply with the the information you need!
Signature? What signature!? :O
10-02-2007 03:58 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
ryxdp

29 / Male / Flag
RE: PowerPoint Shockwave Flash Object - Problem
http://us7.trymicrosoftoffice.com/product.aspx?re...epro&culture=en-US

I strongly suggest you upgrade. It will more than likely solve your problem, as Office 2000 is outdated. However, if you don't wish to go 2007, 2003 is probably a lot cheaper, but I dunno if it's still being sold. :/
10-02-2007 10:50 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
MattyRid
Veteran Member

Red Bull Racing Australia

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Ryxpia
http://us7.trymicrosoftoffice.com/product.aspx?re...epro&culture=en-US

I strongly suggest you upgrade. It will more than likely solve your problem, as Office 2000 is outdated. However, if you don't wish to go 2007, 2003 is probably a lot cheaper, but I dunno if it's still being sold. :/

I think if you go OEM you could still get it, otherwise, instead of making your animation for Flash Player 8 and above, why not drop it down to say Flash Player 6 compatibility and then you shouldn't have  a problem.
Red Bull Racing Australia - Triple Eight Race Engineering - Holden
10-02-2007 10:57 PM
Jarrod
Veteran Member

woot simpson

– / Male / Flag
2003 is now a collectors item

just a thought make a seethrough box and hyperlink it might not be applicable

[Image: 5344.png]
[Image: sig.png]

A.k.a. The Glad Falconer

10-03-2007 11:38 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
welsh_pcwhiz

31 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: PowerPoint Shockwave Flash Object - Problem
Thanks for these replies.

I was thinking of upgrading, but the school PCs are still on 2000, so this still won't solve my problem.

I have made a transparent box and hyperlinked it, this is the whole concept. This does not work.

Since posing, I have also tried hyperlinking text. This also moves behind the Flash.

"why not drop it down to say Flash Player 6 compatibility and then you shouldn't have  a problem."

I don't understand how this could solve my problem as I would still be using the Shockwave Object in PowerPoint (also, Flash only allows me to save as MX or 8).
10-03-2007 03:47 PM
MattyRid
Veteran Member

Red Bull Racing Australia

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by welsh_pcwhiz

"why not drop it down to say Flash Player 6 compatibility and then you shouldn't have  a problem."

I don't understand how this could solve my problem as I would still be using the Shockwave Object in PowerPoint (also, Flash only allows me to save as MX or 8).

We are talking about Office 2000, therefore it will only recognise flash movies it is compatible with. When you go to publish your Flash Movie, there is a drop down box (I think in it's publishing settings) which allows you you change what flash players* will be able to view it, there allowing more users and possibly allowing Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2000 to read it.

Note:
* When I mean Flash Players, for example if I was to select Flash Player 6 as my setting, then Flash Players 6, 7, 8 and 9 should be able to view it without a problem.
Red Bull Racing Australia - Triple Eight Race Engineering - Holden
10-03-2007 09:40 PM
welsh_pcwhiz

31 / Male / Flag
O.P. Roll Eyes  RE: PowerPoint Shockwave Flash Object - Problem
Thanks for the info on how to do this

However, PowerPoint is already reading the Flash - this was not my problem and is therefore not a solution, unless dropping the flash player version will solve the above problem?
10-04-2007 07:19 PM
ShawnZ
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by MattyRid
quote:
Originally posted by welsh_pcwhiz

We are talking about Office 2000, therefore it will only recognise flash movies it is compatible with. When you go to publish your Flash Movie, there is a drop down box (I think in it's publishing settings) which allows you you change what flash players* will be able to view it, there allowing more users and possibly allowing Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2000 to read it.

Note:
* When I mean Flash Players, for example if I was to select Flash Player 6 as my setting, then Flash Players 6, 7, 8 and 9 should be able to view it without a problem.

powerpoint will play any flash file supported by the system's current installation of flash.

as for the first post, it doesn't work because the flash object is being drawn over top of your presentation. there's no way to get it to work.
Spoiler:
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.