What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Boss Protection auto message idea

Boss Protection auto message idea
Author: Message:
Nathan
Veteran Member

Yeah, "large dimensions" ;)

– / Male / Flag
O.P. Boss Protection auto message idea
I was just thinking if someone could either make a script or add it into the program.
Basically I have 20 contact windows open. And about 6 of them are offline. If I hide my msn it will send a message to ALL of my contacts even the offline ones.
Maybe we could have the choice to send it too offline people. I mean lets face it, who wants a message when they sign in, telling them "i've hidden my msn"?

And maybe we could have a setting on when we can set it so that if you havnt talked to them in the past 10 minutes then it wont send.

E.g:
I have 20 contacts open, I have talked too 8 of them in the last 10 minutes, if I hide my msn, it will only send the messages to the 8 contacts because in the preferences I set it too "Don't sent auto message to people who you havent spoken to for the past 10 minutes"

What do you guys think?
Touch Innovation - touch friendly programs/applications for the windows mobile!

10-06-2007 06:47 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Boss Protection auto message idea
Old post: Great idea Napbree!

I prefer it to send to Offline Contacts too, because we can chat with ones who are appearing offline. But your second idea is really great. And I would like to customize the delay in Preferences interface (I don't want to set delay via Registry.) Then the option in my dream is

|_| Send a message in my opened chat windows within | 60| minutes seconds after last message (I thought minutes are too long)

Actually an option for Offline is also suitable unless it makes Prefences look very crowded.
New post: I think it must not send any message to Offline contacts when unlocking Messenger because while Messenger is locked people can have signed out and we can't know it before unlocking Messenger. And I think this detail can be mentioned in a tooltip such as "This message will not be sent to your Offline contacts even if their conversation windows are open." for the 'Send a message...' option under "Options when unlocking Messenger".

This post was edited on 10-07-2007 at 09:22 PM by ahmetgns.
10-07-2007 12:27 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Shiny Rabbit

oohhh shiny

– / Male / Flag
i think the idea is great
[Image: 202-3.png][Image: shinyhachunesig.png]

10-07-2007 03:09 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Nathan
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Boss Protection auto message idea
Well at least I am not the only person who would use it!

10-07-2007 10:49 PM
Nagamasa
Skinning Contest Winner

30 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Napbree
Maybe we could have the choice to send it too offline people. I mean lets face it, who wants a message when they sign in, telling them "i've hidden my msn"?
quote:
Originally posted by Napbree
"Don't sent auto message to people who you havent spoken to for the past 10 minutes"
Yea, it good options to have.
[Image: unled1uo.png]
Joined this forum 6572 days, 14 hours, 21 minutes, 51 seconds ago.

10-08-2007 02:42 PM
Nathan
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
Now all we need is more people to reply to this thread so patchou MAY take some interest in it :P

10-08-2007 07:14 PM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
I think Patchou doesn't need more people to reply for features to be implemented in Messenger Plus!, and I think he liked your idea and will implement it soon, maybe not in 4.50 but in the other version :P

Indeed, when I think now that why I never set a message for to be sent in my opened chat windows while locking is because it may send it to people which I don't want. Because sometimes, we may have opened chat windows to send Offline messages, or sometimes I use some commands in windows. And you know bosses appear suddenly most of the time :) and we may not have the option to close them first.

And as you mentioned we sometimes don't want to close chat windows after chatting finishes (there is no harm to keep them opened thanks to Tabbed Chats ;) )

And instead of a forced minute delay, I prefer customizable delay in seconds such as the delay of Personalized Status Auto Message delay (maybe up to 5000 secs :o )

Also we already have the option to change our status to a preset Personalized Status when locking Messenger, and we can write "I locked Messenger, I'll see your message when I unlock it" as an auto message and thus, people can still be aware of the situation at our sides when they wrote something to us even if they didn't receive the message which is sent while locking Messenger, and they won't wait a reply immediately.

I liked the idea very much, I can't stop without writing my opinions 8-|
Edit: I have a new idea. The locking message will be sent to contacts if any message was taken from them within the interval before locking. But it won't be sent to Offline contacts if they signed out (maybe appeared offline) after sending their message. I mean if the time of signing out is after the time of last received message, then that Offline contact won't receive the message. Also by this method, offline people who we opened their chat windows to send an Offline message won't receive the message because there isn't any received message from him/her even if their chat windows are open, and other Offline people will receive the message because they were already appearing Offline while sending their last message to us.

Also the online people won't receive the message if we didn't receive any message from them until locking Messenger.

And unlocking message will be sent to contacts similarly.

The simple principle: we know that our contact is active on the other side and was chatting with us in the last minutes.

Very confusing :-#.

This post was edited on 10-08-2007 at 10:02 PM by ahmetgns.
10-08-2007 08:45 PM
Nathan
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
Maybe, but we don't want to get the feature to confusing and over complicated when it doesn't need to be

10-10-2007 06:28 PM
Nathan
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
I am NOT going to let this thread die lol
Post your comments bitches <3 :p

10-13-2007 10:48 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: