What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » WLM Error 800401f3, Tried everything!

WLM Error 800401f3, Tried everything!
Author: Message:
Brakkie

O.P. WLM Error 800401f3, Tried everything!
Ok I'm seriously lost to what to do next. I've been trying to get Windows Live Messenger working for the past couple days now and I've pretty much tried every solution I could find...

-Tried to re-install it which didn't make any diffirence at all
-Tried to register the well known list of .dll files. Every single one worked except Mscml3.dll. I tried to download it again and put it in my system32 folder and still it won't register.
-I downloaded subinacl.exe and ran reset.cmd and again nothing changed.
-The only account it works on is the account that was registered first on this computer. The other account is also an administrator with full rights but it doesn't work on that account.

Is there anything else I can do except formatting my entire computer and starting from scratch again?
10-07-2007 04:14 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: WLM Error 800401f3, Tried everything!
Try entering this into the command prompt:
regsvr32 C:\WINDOWS\system\msxml3.dll

If that gives an error, you may need to reinstall MSXML or Internet Explorer.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
10-07-2007 05:00 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Brakkie

O.P. RE: WLM Error 800401f3, Tried everything!
Thank you RaceProUK. But neither of those worked and are just giving me nothing but problems |-)

Well I'm fed up with this shit now and I'll format my computer this weekend if no one else has a working solution for this...

I just don't understand why microsoft can make an update for msn that seems to require a computer expert for it to work :^)
10-08-2007 11:49 AM
Quiksilver_One

Brakkie welcome to the club... Msn flipped totally just a couple of days ago when I had to do the upgrade for 8.1...

I can stay online for like 10 seconds... the I get logged off again.. I'm so pissed on that, and no one seems to know the problem...

I've also re-installed, changed versions but nothing works...

So I guess I'll have to format my computer too.... that is crap!
10-08-2007 12:04 PM
Brakkie

O.P. RE: WLM Error 800401f3, Tried everything!
Quicksilver: Seriously I've tried EVERYTHING there is to find about fixing this shitty MSN. I'm reasonably good with computers and I mean that I'm not an expert but I can certainly get around and know what I'm doing. But this just cracks my head and I haven't got a clue where to look for now...
10-08-2007 12:15 PM
Quiksilver_One

Yeah, I haven't tried everything yet, cuz I don't really know sooo much about this kind of stuf... but I know that something is fu**** up with my Msn!!

But after a second thought... It might just be good to do a wipe on the computer aswell... it's been like a year since the last time...

I'd rather not... but what the hell.. If I can't fix It.... that's the way It has to go down... :S
10-08-2007 12:26 PM
bob7

– / Male / Flag
i have this problem: "cannot sign in into the windows live messenger because the service is temporarily unavailable....error code:80040154"
can you help me?
03-18-2009 02:46 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: