What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » The following message was not recieved script.

The following message was not recieved script.
Author: Message:
Slyke

O.P. The following message was not recieved script.
Hmmm... i got this idea from the "Ignore" script that ignores a certain contact(s) when enabled.

But with this script it will send a message back saying what msn usually says when a message is not received like:
"_______
The following message was not delivered:
Hey!
"

Would anyone know the process of making this happen?

Whether it's the real code that msn sends out... or just text with your name omitted from it. I dunno, but it's one step closer to getting those contacts that don't leave you alone to leave you alone =D. Of course the message will still be recieved... but they don't know that, and it could be combined with the previous ignore script for the ultimate affect.

What does everyone else think of this?

Any tips for the code (I'm not too good with Java, Good with VB6 though)?

This post was edited on 10-09-2007 at 08:17 AM by Slyke.
10-09-2007 08:16 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
bigbob85

Is Good, Is Bob...

36 / Male / Flag
RE: The following message was not recieved script.
JScript isnt java, so dont worry.
Not sure if its possible as that message would be from the client not responding (timeout), not the client sending a message saying they couldnt receive the message (because that would be stupid). So as I said, not sure...

Also, this is just my assumptions, this might not be what actually happens.
10-10-2007 03:34 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
roflmao456
Skinning Contest Winner

29 / Male / Flag
i think someone said that "it's impossible" :tongue:
[quote]
Ultimatess6
: What a noob mod
10-10-2007 04:05 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Slyke

O.P. RE: The following message was not recieved script.
Hmmmm, couldn't it be faked any way (Without both of you having the script)? Like when you send those Built-In Sounds (But this way they'd need Messenger Plus too)?

If it times out, doesn't that mean that your msn has to send confirmation that the message was received?
Or does it check my checking some lower layer of the OSI model. I doubt it would.

This post was edited on 10-10-2007 at 04:12 AM by Slyke.
10-10-2007 04:08 AM
roflmao456
Skinning Contest Winner

29 / Male / Flag
if you have Stuffplug 3 for wlm (and actiontext feature on) then possibly you could try something..
[quote]
Ultimatess6
: What a noob mod
10-10-2007 04:14 AM
Slyke

O.P. RE: The following message was not recieved script.
Sweet, im going to have a look now. I also found this thread
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=67525&pid=744591
which pretty much says the same thing. If i can figure it out i'll post the results here.
10-10-2007 04:24 AM
markee
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by roflmao456
if you have Stuffplug 3 for wlm (and actiontext feature on) then possibly you could try something..
You can't do it because you are not allowed to make an emoticon for the beginning of the message.  Also to have colouring the contact would need Plus! as well (I think you can send formatted text).  Unless you can work out how to block outgoing received message responses in relation to particular contacts then I think it will be almost impossible to do this (this requires VERY high understanding of messenger protocol and understanding of how to manipulate protocol though our own code which is hooked to the client - not easy stuff, even for an advanced programmer).

You can reproduce something that may look a little similar but that is as close as you will get at this stage.

Also, I know from my personal use, if I get that message I usually resend the message until it is sent or may report this irregularity on a forum such as this to try and grasp the reasoning behind it.  I think you are just better to use the good old block feature ;)
[Image: markee.png]
10-10-2007 05:09 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Mnjul
forum super mod

plz wub me

– / Other / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Slyke
If it times out, doesn't that mean that your msn has to send confirmation that the message was received?
Actually, I remember when the switchboard server sends the message to your computer successfully, it also sends ACK to the sender (it is not your computer that sends ACK. The switchboard server sends ACK as long as it successfully send the message regardless of whether your computer actually receives the message or not). Unless you're able to control the switchboard server to send an NAK, there probably doesn't exist a protocol-wise hack to accomplish this.

I would want this to be done to trick some of my contacts too :p
10-10-2007 05:22 AM
TheSteve

The Man from Japan

40 / Male / Flag
You could in theory modify the client so that if a contact is ignored, it will simply ignore the switch board session requests(RNG) which will eventually force a time out on your contact's end. Although this trick will stop working if you talk to them or someone puts the two of you in a group conversation.
10-10-2007 11:40 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: