What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Personalized status problems

Personalized status problems
Author: Message:
Quazar_x_

– / Male / Flag
O.P. Personalized status problems
Hi, I don't know if this is actually a bug, but it's a problem I have using the personalized status function. And I post this here cuz I don't what to chat with other users as much as making a real suggestion to Plus! authors.

The fact is that there is no way to have a shortcut to get out from a personalized status. Some years ago, there was such a shortcut, but now, we can only use shortcuts to put on a personalized status.

Unless! ... there is a countdown we can use to "reset" our status. But I don't know what it's used for, since nothing happends after the time I set is over. I'd suppose that it would be use to set back the "online" status after a while, but it doesn't work...

So: first, would it be possible to chose the exact status when we personalize (as it was before, when I could set "phone" or "away for a minute" as well as "away" or "busy"). This way, we could create a shortcut to get back to "online" status.

secundo: what is the "countdown" function used for, if I can't see nothing on my status after the time I've set?

Thank you...
10-12-2007 05:13 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
RE: Personalized status problems
To set your status back to online after setting a personalized status just type "/online" in a conversation window and hit enter. (same works for "/away" and "/busy" etc)
[Image: jumbled.png]
10-12-2007 05:20 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Quazar_x_

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Personalized status problems
Thank you for that info, I ain't know it.

However, it's not as usefull as the real status control, cuz we often have to change our status without having an opened chat window. When I'm back home, opening a chat window to send "/online" is as complicated as setting my status the old way. Thus, not a real shortcut in that case...

Ty
10-12-2007 05:28 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
Yeah I agree. Well the only way I can think of is setting a timer along with the personalised status. Basically it will countdown from however long you set and change your status back to what it previously was after the timer runs out. You can do that from here:

[Image: resettimerhq2.jpg]

So, in the image, the status would be reset after 5 minutes.
[Image: jumbled.png]
10-12-2007 07:01 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Quazar_x_
secundo: what is the "countdown" function used for, if I can't see nothing on my status after the time I've set?
It already works how it supposed to. Make sure, you don't change your status to Away to trigger Personalized Status window, and personalize your status after changing it to Away. Because if you do so, it will not reset your status but Away again.

I demanded this functionality before a long time, read it here although I now think it is not that much important :P http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=61...d=785657#pid785657
10-12-2007 07:38 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
This will be done in the next version.
[Image: signature2.gif]
10-12-2007 07:47 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode