What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Can't message contacts, all undelivered

Can't message contacts, all undelivered
Author: Message:
fauna

O.P. Can't message contacts, all undelivered
Ok here is my problem.

I can sign on to msn live version 8.1.  I can see all my contacts, they can message me, but anytime I message them it comes back undelivered.
More info you should know,  this is only happening on my computer at work.  I have no problem with the same account on my home computers.  It did work on my work computer up until  10 months ago. 

The only thing i can see in the connections in Messenger live is this statement

"You are connected to the Internet through a UPnP port restricted NAT"

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this, if fixable.  I have done all the basic things like uninstall, reinstall.

I am desperate.  I hate using web messengers   :@
10-15-2007 10:35 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Can't message contacts, all undelivered
I presume your connected to the internet wirelessly? What firewall are you using? Try disabling it.

This might be of some help too:

quote:
Originally posted by http://www.cagewarriors.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-14715.html
NAT is Network Address Translation, it is a technicque used by firewalls to hide your internal IP addressing and restrict visability of what is on your network. It also enables people to use private IP address ranges internally, as obviously there is a gerneral shortage of public IP address ranges

It is unlikely to be causing you any problems.

It's like to be a bandwidth issue, which means either you have somethig that is using up your bandwidth... spyware, trojans' etc. Some form of Peer2Peer..i.e Limewire, Soulseek, etc.

As you 'share' your broadband bandwisth with other people on your circuit, someone else could be using a lot of bandwidth.

If you have a half decent firewall, you should be able to see what traffic is passing through your firewall and work out if it should be there or not.

This post was edited on 10-16-2007 at 02:39 AM by Chris4.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
10-16-2007 02:37 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
YourNeibour

48 / Male / Flag
RE: Can't message contacts, all undelivered
that happens to me sometimes.   have a feeling that's on there end not yours
10-18-2007 04:06 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version