What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Custom Disply Pictures

Custom Disply Pictures
Author: Message:
Zoidy

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. Custom Disply Pictures
Not sure if I am the only one here but I have noticed a issue with deleting Custom Display Pictures that you add. When I remove them they are deleted but if you open the window again to add new ones etc they are still there but not there. the file is still on the list but you can see the little preview of the picture. Just the name of the file or some random filename appears but cant remove it as it just comes back. I have tried to delete all files in the User Tile folder without success unless its stored elsewhere. Which is here: C:\Documents and Settings\<User>\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger\<random numbers>\UserTile

is there anyway to reset the profile or anything? I using Windows Live Messenger 8.5.0517.

it's been bugging me for sometime and just got too annoying now lol

as in another post by Cookie that suggested looking in here: %userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Messenger\<your_windows_live_id>\ObjectStore

I found nothing but my Sharing Folders =/

i found it and fixed it. Did a search on the hard drive for my email address and found where I needed to go.  Was: C:\Documents and Settings\<User>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Messenger\<Email Address>

This post was edited on 10-17-2007 at 03:28 AM by Zoidy.
10-17-2007 03:02 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
xJ +

A$$ple/Buttple xD

117 / Other / Flag
RE: Custom Disply Pictures
Isn't the current version 8.5.1288.816 (public beta)?

Update your current messenger at http://get.live.com/betas/messenger_betas

repost if you have the same problem after your update.
10-17-2007 02:14 PM
Zoidy

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Custom Disply Pictures
As I stated after the first paragraph or two that I have already fixed it. I found hte files where they are suppose to be as Windows Live Messenger moved them again and manually deleted them since I was not able to fully delete the old ones thru Windows Live Messenger. I updated 3 or 4 times over the period I had this problem and none of them fixed it. The problem was annoying but nothing major for me to want to fix it as it was only minor and after a few months I got sick of it and figured out how to fix it.

I should have deleted the post but I left it for the reason that if any other user that has my problem they can read this topic and hopefully it is of help to them.

I cant install it as the critical patch for Windows I suppose to have but I cant get it even though I have all the patches. Without it Windows Live Messenger wont install. I'll try and see if I don't have it or forgot to install it and see if it works then.

This post was edited on 10-24-2007 at 02:37 AM by Zoidy.
10-18-2007 06:19 AM
strawberry.soup

Love me <3

31 / Female / Flag
Where did you find the files and where did you put them?

My MSN has been doing the same thing. It's getting really annoying. ._.;
[Image: Kasuriin.png]
10-24-2007 02:12 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Zoidy

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Custom Disply Pictures
Where to find them is mentioned in my post at the bottom. If you cant find it just use a Search through windows for your email address.

Look in here: C:\Documents and Settings\<User>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Messenger\<Email Address>

This post was edited on 10-24-2007 at 02:38 AM by Zoidy.
10-24-2007 02:36 AM
strawberry.soup

Love me <3

31 / Female / Flag
Ah, it worked. Thank you very much. ^^
[Image: Kasuriin.png]
10-24-2007 02:52 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Zoidy

39 / Male / Flag