What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » MSN Group chat

MSN Group chat
Author: Message:
hugodiaz

– / – / Flag
O.P. MSN Group chat
Firstly sorry if this has been asked or discussed before. I tried to search, but the forum wouldn't let me search for "msn group" as "msn" only contains 3 letters. :(

Anyway, I would like to know how to create an MSN group where users can simply add the group's email address to their contact list and from there all members can send instant messages to the group, which all members will receive. I've been a member of a group like this in the past, but I just don't know how to set it up.

I tried to create a group on msn (click here to see that group) but I can't figure out the instant messaging part.

I've been stuck on this for a few hours already now, which is embarrassing because I believe there is a very easy way to do that. Haha, my brain doesn't seem to be working today, so please, someone help me!

Thank you! :)
10-19-2007 10:00 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: MSN Group chat
quote:
Originally posted by hugodiaz
Firstly sorry if this has been asked or discussed before. I tried to search, but the forum wouldn't let me search for "msn group" as "msn" only contains 3 letters.
quote:
Originally written in Search Help
You can also search for phrases by enclosing them in "quotes."
"msn group"

Though, what you want to do is not avaliable in Messenger. People can't send a message to the group members by only sending the message to the group address. However you can group chat with many contacts in a single conversation window. To do that you must either invite people to the convo, or you must be invited to other people's convo.
10-19-2007 01:18 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
People can't send a message to the group members by only sending the message to the group address

Erm, yes... you can. It would need to be signed into messenger and run a script that sends messages from certain emails to certain emails.

And for searching, try:
quote:
"msn " group
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
10-19-2007 01:32 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
hugodiaz

– / – / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: MSN Group chat
quote:
Though, what you want to do is not avaliable in Messenger. People can't send a message to the group members by only sending the message to the group address. However you can group chat with many contacts in a single conversation window. To do that you must either invite people to the convo, or you must be invited to other people's convo.

Thanks for your reply. :)

I know for a fact this can be done, because like I said I was a member of such a group in the past. ;)

I don't want to always have to invite members to the group, but I want them to just add the group's email address to their contact list and then have everyone receive all messages sent to the group...

quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
Erm, yes... you can. It would need to be signed into messenger and run a script that sends messages from certain emails to certain emails.

And for searching, try:
quote:
"msn " group

Thanks for your reply as well. :)

Well, I also tried searching for "msn" group, but still I wasn't able to find what I was looking for. :(

Is there anyone who knows exactly where I can find what I am looking for? I'm not very computer/technology savvy, so whereas it might be easy for you to find and implement such a script or whatever, it's a real challenge for me. :(

Thanks once again to anyone who can offer me some assistance.
10-20-2007 09:03 AM
MattyRid
Veteran Member

Red Bull Racing Australia

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by hugodiaz
Thanks for your reply as well. :)

Well, I also tried searching for "msn" group, but still I wasn't able to find what I was looking for. :(

I have a feeling you didn't see it properly.....there is a space included between the speech marks

quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff

"msn " group

probably explains why you get an error.
Red Bull Racing Australia - Triple Eight Race Engineering - Holden
10-20-2007 09:09 AM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
I have a feeling he did succeed searching but the search results didn't give what he wanted.
Edit:
quote:
Originally posted by MattyRid
but can you see in each post that he has made, there is no space after msn? before the end speech mark is placed? suggests to me he has probably been still getting errors.
:rofl: @ this issue. How to change the subject of a thread!...

This post was edited on 10-20-2007 at 09:17 AM by ahmetgns.
10-20-2007 09:11 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
MattyRid
Veteran Member

Red Bull Racing Australia

– / Male / Flag
quote:
I have a feeling he did succeed searching but the search results didn't give what he wanted.

but can you see in each post that he has made, there is no space after msn? before the end speech mark is placed? suggests to me he has probably been still getting errors.
Red Bull Racing Australia - Triple Eight Race Engineering - Holden
10-20-2007 09:14 AM
hugodiaz

– / – / Flag
O.P. RE: MSN Group chat
Thanks for your replies, I did notice the space, haha but admittedly, that was only after I wasn't allowed to search for "msn" without the space.

Anyway, my search did not yield anything suitable, and therefore I made a second post in this thread. I really haven't been able to find what I was looking for by searching. :(

Help, please! :)
If anyone thinks he or she can develop such a script, then as long as it's not too expensive, I'd be willing to pay. I can only pay by paypal though, so you'd need to accept that as a form of payment.

Thank you!
10-20-2007 10:20 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: