What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » WLM Crashes after logon

WLM Crashes after logon
Author: Message:
Coz131

The Lazy Perfectionist

37 / Male / Flag
O.P. WLM Crashes after logon
I am experiencing a messenger crash without any specific errors from messenger application itself but the explorer error told me it has encountered an error and this is the details given:

AppName: msnmsgr.exe AppVer: 8.1.178.0 AppStamp:45b12d6a
ModName: unknown ModVer: 0.0.0.0 ModStamp:00000000
fDebug: 0 Offset: fa145142

I had messenger plus installed but i the problem persist even after having it uninstalled and it happened shortly after a windows update and happened in coincidence with the "send sms from pc" message that came from messenger itself. I have tried regular reinstall but the error still persisted.

I tried many of the suggested solutions from this thread but the problem still persist. Googling reveals few other similar solution which does not work as well.

Messenger still works fine as long as i dont respond to the error code and let it be.

Update: I have tried to do a clean uninstall by cookierevisited(p.s. does anyone know how to just qoute a specific post instead of the thread) and reinstall with messenger 8.5 beta but the error still comes up.

I hope the experts here can give a hand to me and i appreciate the help given
10-23-2007 03:58 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: WLM Crashes after logon
quote:
Originally posted by Coz131
(p.s. does anyone know how to just qoute a specific post instead of the thread)
I think you didn't mean quoting but, linking to a specific post. To do this, you can put the post's link directly, it will open the thread, but browser will scroll the page to that post automatically. Just copy the shortcut on the post's post date and paste it in your post. It has the position sign (/#pid=??????) at the end of the link and it is for scrolling the page to that post's position.
10-23-2007 06:12 PM
strawberry.soup

Love me <3

31 / Female / Flag
RE: WLM Crashes after logon
My MSN is screwed up so I thought it might have something to do with my e-mail address. So I made a new e-mail address and it did the same thing for me. Ever time I logged in, it would freeze.

I know now that my old e-mail address has nothing to do with my MSN being screwed up.

I can still log in to my old e-mail addresses. It's weird.
[Image: Kasuriin.png]
10-24-2007 01:31 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Coz131

The Lazy Perfectionist

37 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: WLM Crashes after logon
thanks for the help on the specific post linking.

but does no one here knows how to fix my problem? The internet has never failed me before, it should not now =/
10-24-2007 06:39 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: