What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Windows Live Messenger 9.0 wish list

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
1 votes - 5 average   Windows Live Messenger 9.0 wish list
Author: Message:
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 wish list
quote:
Originally posted by .Lou
Personally, I'd love for the invite feature to actually invite people into conversations, not force them in there.
They must also design solutions for blocked contacts and group conversations problems. .Lou's solution would be enough for the case when one invites us to a conversation which includes a contact who we blocked. But when one contact from our group conversation invites a contact who we blocked, that is another problem.
quote:
Originally posted by Supersonicdarky
Allow plus to rename contacts like in 3.xx
At least allow Plus! to get custom nicknames of WLMessenger.
10-26-2007 03:34 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns

They must also design solutions for blocked contacts and group conversations problems. .Lou's solution would be enough for the case when one invites us to a conversation which includes a contact who we blocked. But when one contact from our group conversation invites a contact who we blocked, that is another problem.
I thought that in a group convo if you blocked someone you wouldn't be able to see what they were saying..? Or am I horribly mistaken?

quote:
Originally posted by john-t

Yeah, most of the time you get into a 30 person convo then that crashes MSN/WLM Ultimately crashing your pc.

Only if your PC sucks.

This post was edited on 10-26-2007 at 06:02 PM by vaccination.
[Image: jumbled.png]
10-26-2007 06:01 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
I thought that in a group convo if you blocked someone you wouldn't be able to see what they were saying..? Or am I horribly mistaken?
No, Messenger already warns you about the situation. It displays a warning "Your block on blahblah will be invalid for this conversation" or something like this.
10-26-2007 06:04 PM
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
Yeah I remember getting in group convos with people I blocked, I used to just be able to say .pif and end it all :P
10-26-2007 07:20 PM
Vilkku
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
I'd like some options to change the GUI (like you can drag around the icons in Firefox, for example). Some icons are just useless if you don't use certain features. It would also be nice if you could disable those features entirely, but just a built-in way to change the GUI would be nice (currently getting a somewhat decent result with Messpatch).
[Image: signature.php]
10-26-2007 08:38 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
tmt64

lurking this thread

46 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 wish list
quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
No, Messenger already warns you about the situation. It displays a warning "Your block on blahblah will be invalid for this conversation" or something like this.

actually the person you blocked won't see what you're saying and you won't see what they're saying. A third person who did not block either participants will only see the messages from one of the two people (I don't know how this exactly works).

For example:

A blocked B

Full convo:
A: hi
B: hi
C: hi

Convo from A's view:
A: hi

Convo from B's view:
B: hi

Convo from C's view:
A/B:hi
10-26-2007 08:50 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
MC Inferno
Veteran Member

www.mcinferno.co.uk

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by markee
For them to make the features they currently have a lot better. This includes chat logging, displaying of contacts in contact list, and just other things like this.  I would also like to be able to have my messenger run faster by disabling some features like sharing folders and the likes so i can better enjoy the client without large functioality that i dont need.  On top of this I think they need to change the protocol to include the email address from the sender of a message because with add-ons such as StuffPlug it can be impossible to tell which contact (or even the current user) a message has come from when coding something to do with chats.  On the gui front I would like to see a skin that doesn't have so may gradients and stuff so it can actually be the colour that I choose and I would like to be.

But this is only my thoughts of what should happen and it is highly unlikely that it will actually happen because it seems that all the messenger team care about is bringing out more half-features (don't have the full functionality that they could) and decreasing login times and making voice and video chats better.
10-29-2007 04:50 AM
UnduTheGun

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Today at the Georgia Institute of Technology, Microsoft announced that they are working on an API for developers to use with the Windows Live Messenger program. With this API, developers will be able to create their own versions of Windows Live Messenger or create new gadgets or other applications that integrate the features of Windows Live Messenger. Microsoft plans to release a Tech Preview at the MIX 08 conference in March 2008, and a Beta 1 later in 2008. Plans also include for the API to be included with Windows Live Messenger 9 when it is released in late 2008 or early 2009. The demonstration at Georgia Tech included a short coding session that showed how a small and lite version of Windows Live Messenger could be created using the API as well as some future possibilities that the development team is hoping to create in the next couple of years. The API is very basic right now but by the time the first beta is released, the team hopes that they can include full support for everything that the full messenger client uses, including audio/visual protocols and other things on top of the basic text messaging and nudge messaging that the API currently includes.
Source: http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=5...=0&#entry588957547
10-30-2007 07:27 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
I agree with all of Markee's points.

I just done a video call with my girlfriend, the quality is terrible.

Hmm, only if WLM was how we wanted it :sad:...
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
10-30-2007 10:14 PM
Quantum
Disabled Account

Away.

30 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 wish list
quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
I agree with all of Markee's points.

I just done a video call with my girlfriend, the quality is terrible.

Hmm, only if WLM was how we wanted it :sad:...

You know Microsoft they wont do it as it will slow the servers down too much as it takes more power, cpu ect to have a HQ stream. I good idea would be you can pick high, medium or low quality and its low by default.

Also some times its a bit sticky.       
No longer here.
10-30-2007 10:21 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: