What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Not really a bug, but...

Not really a bug, but...
Author: Message:
Quazar_x_

– / Male / Flag
O.P. Not really a bug, but...
Hi. I guess that if I write something in that section, it will be seen by Plus! authors, as I'm not sure as well of it for other sections... So I write this here:

I have a suggestion to make for Plus!, and for the forum: There should be a section named "suggestions/new ideas", for ideas of new functions to add to Plus!.

Plus! programmers might cannot read every new thread, but bug threads are important, and new ideas could be useful too, more than regular discussions about plus!

Then, I'd have a suggestion to make for Plus!, about sounds we can add/create with external sounds. There should be shortcuts we could assign to new custom sounds, as well as we can assign shortcuts to custom emoticons or "/function". That was my second suggestion.

Thank you very much and keep developpping that wonderful addon!

Maxime
10-27-2007 09:36 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Not really a bug, but...
You must have posted this to Messenger Plus! General Talk forum, as it has benn expressed there "Here you can talk about anything related to Messenger Plus! that doesn't fit in the other forums." and obviously your suggestions don't fit here ;)

Not programmers, only one programmer, Patchou, and he's trying to read most of the threads, even though he may not have the time to reply to all of them.

As far as I understand, you are suggesting a feature which already exists. We can already create our own emotion sounds from inside Sound Library > New sound...

This post was edited on 10-27-2007 at 10:04 AM by ahmetgns.
10-27-2007 10:02 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Quazar_x_

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Not really a bug, but...
My suggestion was not to make it possible to create emotion sounds, but "to have shortcuts to send 'em without browsing the menus", as we can send some specific commands beginning with "/" or "quick texts" with ctrl/alt shorcuts. Thus, it would actually be an improvement.

ty
10-29-2007 05:40 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Not really a bug, but...
quote:
Originally posted by Quazar_x_
My suggestion was not to make it possible to create emotion sounds, but "to have shortcuts to send 'em without browsing the menus", as we can send some specific commands beginning with "/" or "quick texts" with ctrl/alt shorcuts. Thus, it would actually be an improvement.

ty

I won't put any comment for your suggestion, but I'll show you how to do all those things with Quick Texts of MsgPlus!

1. Open Messenger Plus! Preferences > Conversations tab
  2. Enable commands (special messages beginning with "/")
  3. Quick Texts tab
  4. Add... button
  5. Create a standalone message or message group
  6. Fast send shortcut (The shortcut can be one of the listed key combinations or a message/command) (If you write "/" at the beginning of the shortcut, it will listed in commands window as a quick text, if you don't then you'll have to remember it)
  7. In Message(s) section, either write the commands of builtin sounds like "/shello" (you can find all those sounds' shortcuts in commands window which is displayed after you type "/" character on a chatbox, Hint: they start with "/s"), or write "/sound" and "the sound ID", you can find sounds' IDs in "Sound Library>Edit" window [Internal Sound Indentifier]
  8. For Line breaks, select Create multiple messages
  9. You're done! Start using shortcuts or commands or just messages in your conversations

This post was edited on 10-29-2007 at 09:11 AM by ahmetgns.
10-29-2007 09:05 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: