What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Port Listening

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Port Listening
Author: Message:
ArkaneArkade

The One and Only

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Port Listening
OK, maybe some extra thoughts, although I'm not entirely sure if any of this is possible.  I must stress highly that I do not know what I'm talking about, but I have an idea.  If I'm wrong... I wont take offence.

I realised that I could possibly use the packet detecting to make an XBox 360 script.  I have mines with the ability to sign into another account, but lets be honest, the 360 messenger is trash.
I quickly wrote a script to change my PSM to say what game I'm playing, and it worked.  Until I realised that my script clause wasnt right, and it was actaully changing my message to the same as the other account, when it updates on messenger.

However, after a brief bit of thinking, I thought that I could fix this, if I was to enable promiscuous mode and listen for the packets from my 360.
Now, as said, newbie, but can anyone tell me if this idea is (theoretically) possible, or even how to enable promiscuous mode, or am I barking up the wrong tree completely.
Cheers guys
Leroux
[Image: adsig.jpg]
11-01-2007 10:28 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
RE: Port Listening
I don't know if it's possible but for the promiscuous mode. It is very rare for a NIC to have it. I've looked :( (I could be wrong :p).

But sometimes depending on a few factors you can force it on.

quote:
To work around this behavior, force the adapter into Compatibility mode:
1.    At a command prompt, type netsh bridge show adapter.
2.    Locate the identification number of the NIC that is not responding.
3.    If the NIC is not in Compatibility mode, you can change it manually if you type the following command, where 1 is the number of the NIC that is displayed in the first step:
netsh bridge set adapter 1 forcecompatmode=enable
4.    Run the netsh bridge show adapter command again to verify that the ForceCompatabilityMode field for the NIC is displayed as Enabled.
11-01-2007 10:34 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Deco

41 / Male / Flag
Leroux,

I don't have an XBox so I don't really know how it works...but if you care to explain to me how it works (if the xbox is connected to your computer in any way and whatnot)... I can try to help again.

Have fun!
[Image: signature-user=31&back=4&clr=106,141,166&size=100.png]
11-02-2007 01:10 PM
ArkaneArkade

The One and Only

38 / Male / Flag
It's not really anything important Deco, just a couple of minor thoughts.

Basically, the 360 auto signs in, and lets everyone on your "Friends List" see what game your playing, where you are in it, and what your total GamerScore is.

I'd only considered that if I was to enter promiscuous mode I could listen for all the informations sent to and from the XBox, so I could change the PSM to show what game I'm playing, when it updates to the server.

But, as I said, it was a minor thought, and since I don't know anything about it, or whether it's even possible to do with a wireless network/router, so obviously don't put yourself out.  I'll look into it slightly, but I don't expect others to go outta their way for me.  Thanks for all the help though :D
11-02-2007 07:00 PM
Deco

41 / Male / Flag
Hey we're here to help (if we can)...It's fun for me I like this type of thing that's why I read the forums.

So the XBox is connected to your router is that it?
11-02-2007 09:57 PM
ArkaneArkade

The One and Only

38 / Male / Flag
Fair enough.  Glad its fun, I guess thats pretty much the reason everyones here.  Definitly is for me, at least to some extent (errors annoy me).

Basic just is I have a home network, with a wireless laptop, and an XBox 360 cabled to a switch, connected to the ethernet port of the wireless router which the laptop connects to.

I've done a script before for my XBox, also connected via the switch, which is currently using a packet sniffing method to change data.  The major difference though is that this script listened to the broadcast area, while the idea I'm proposing now would have to intercept packets sent specifically to another computer.
11-03-2007 12:55 AM
Deco

41 / Male / Flag
Sounds like this is doable.. just a mtter of finding the right packets with the info you want.
11-03-2007 11:46 AM
ArkaneArkade

The One and Only

38 / Male / Flag
I think it's doable too, just need to figure out how to enter promiscuous, or if its possible on the wlan/router setup (there's no bridge on computer, so I dont think that SonicSams method works for me).

I've ran into another problem with my other script though.  I've discovered that it only works if mirc is running (3 days constant helping someone, and thats the issue :@).  Basically, on startup, mirc performs the following function:
"sockudp -k XBMC.Listener 8278 $ip 8278"
As soon as this got done, my script started working.  So, basically, I need to do the same in MSN.  Can anyone tell me how this would be done, because it's been killing me, and an msn script is pretty pointless if I need to use mirc for it.

Cheers
11-03-2007 01:04 PM
C-Quel

:S
11-03-2007 07:42 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode