What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Url in PSM/Display name recognition // options disabled

Url in PSM/Display name recognition // options disabled
Author: Message:
warmth
Veteran Member

Electronic Engineer

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. Url in PSM/Display name recognition // options disabled
I think that the method you are using to recognize isn't working in a good way... Look the screenshot and see what I mean...

and I have sort kind of suggestion too... How about add a way of open that link in the conversation windows too without having to copy it and paste it in browser... like clickable Display name and PSM (I know this is already an option in MD but...) or a add a submenu into the MP!L menu...

Edit: after looking more closer... I have found something that I see as something very weird... look the fact that all the option but "Copy email address" are disabled in the last screenshot... so for this contact I can't add him to the desktop neither open our conversation log and trust me we have...

.jpg File Attachment: url_bug.jpg (255.59 KB)
This file has been downloaded 136 time(s).

This post was edited on 11-01-2007 at 05:46 PM by warmth.
@warmth - Beta Testing a life!
Official Nokia (former Ovi) Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011)
11-01-2007 05:39 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
warmth
Veteran Member

Electronic Engineer

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Url in PSM/Display name recognition // options disabled
I did a test opening another account and cloning my contact's display name and PSM... and look the screenshot to see the result of my test... I can't understand why...

Note: sorry for this second post... but I wanted to attach another file...

.jpg File Attachment: weird_bug.jpg (147.68 KB)
This file has been downloaded 114 time(s).

This post was edited on 11-01-2007 at 05:59 PM by warmth.
Official Nokia (former Ovi) Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011)
11-01-2007 05:58 PM
Quantum
Disabled Account

Away.

30 / Male / Flag
RE: Url in PSM/Display name recognition // options disabled
So what you mean is if someone has a link in there psm plus can make it clickable. Great idea but it could be a virus or anything. I think is should be ''Click this link may cause harmful viruses to your pc. Plus is not responsible for what happens to your pc. Or even plus can have a data base with known bad sites so if there one in the link it can tell you?

If i am wrong sorry :)
No longer here.
11-01-2007 06:09 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by warmth
I think that the method you are using to recognize isn't working in a good way... Look the screenshot and see what I mean...

and I have sort kind of suggestion too... How about add a way of open that link in the conversation windows too without having to copy it and paste it in browser... like clickable Display name and PSM (I know this is already an option in MD but...) or a add a submenu into the MP!L menu...

Edit: after looking more closer... I have found something that I see as something very weird... look the fact that all the option but "Copy email address" are disabled in the last screenshot... so for this contact I can't add him to the desktop neither open our conversation log and trust me we have...
No msg plus features in ONE SPECIFIC CONTACT

When you are done the methods in that thread, Plus! Features menu will also display the "Open Internet Link" item. That is not why Plus! can't recognise the link, that is due to the limitation which is explained in that other thread.

And for clickable URLs, you don't still have to copy paste it. You must simply find that contact in the Contact List and then go to Messenger Plus! Features>Open Internet Link>
quote:
Use http://www.imageshack.us
quote:
Originally posted by john-t
So what you mean is if someone has a link in there psm plus can make it clickable. Great idea but it could be a virus or anything. I think is should be ''Click this link may cause harmful viruses to your pc. Plus is not responsible for what happens to your pc. Or even plus can have a data base with known bad sites so if there one in the link it can tell you?

There is always the possibility of a virus, and Plus! doesn't have to warn users for such things. That is alwasy users' own risk. Because similar thing is valid for the current Open Internet Link item in right click menu.
11-01-2007 06:35 PM
Quantum
Disabled Account

Away.

30 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
quote:

No msg plus features in ONE SPECIFIC CONTACT

When you are done the methods in that thread, Plus! Features menu will also display the "Open Internet Link" item. That is not why Plus! can't recognise the link, that is due to the limitation which is explained in that other thread.

And for clickable URLs, you don't still have to copy paste it. You must simply find that contact in the Contact List and then go to Messenger Plus! Features>Open Internet Link>
quote:
Use http://www.imageshack.us
quote:
Originally posted by john-t

There is always the possibility of a virus, and Plus! doesn't have to warn users for such things. That is alwasy users' own risk. Because similar thing is valid for the current Open Internet Link item in right click menu.

I know plus does not have to but it would be better. As it can warn users that they might get a virus so they can think twice. Just as a warning so they now what could happen. Most likely nothing will but it might.

:) I didn't know about the open Internet link:P
No longer here.
11-01-2007 06:47 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
warmth
Veteran Member

Electronic Engineer

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Url in PSM/Display name recognition // options disabled
Yes ahmetgns... thanks for the solution, wich is really here:

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=77...d=846411#pid846411

Note: try to be more calmed... and to speak more friendly...

This post was edited on 11-01-2007 at 07:02 PM by warmth.
11-01-2007 06:59 PM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Yes ahmetgns... thanks for the solution, wich is really here:

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=77...d=846411#pid846411
So you now know that there are at least two threads for the same problem. Searh is your friend, don't forget.
quote:

Note: try to be more calmed... and to speak more friendly...
I am calm, and although I may not seem very friendly as much as you want, I don't think I wrote that post in a rude way about which you complained. I just wanted to give all the information I know.
11-01-2007 07:10 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: