All applications of Windows Live need to be in the same language, you can't use lets say an English Writer and a Chinese Messenger.
1. Click this link: http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/3/0/2303...WL-Beta-remove.zip
2. When prompted, click “Save” to save the ZIP file to your desktop.
3. Go to your desktop and open WL-Beta-remove.zip.
4. Extract all the files to your desktop (this should create a folder named WL-Beta-Remove on your desktop if not, skip to step 8).
5. Go to your desktop and open the folder named WL-Beta-remove (there should be a file named WL-Beta-Remove.cmd in the folder).
6. Double-click on the file named WL-Beta-Remove.cmd.
7. If prompted by the Open File – Security Warning, click “Run” (after clicking “Run” a window will open and you will see commands running in that Window, when the commands are finished the window will automatically close).
8. Try to reinstall again.
By the way you still haven't told me what the message is when you click "more about this error"...please click it and post here if it does this again. You are not running 64 bits version of Windows XP are you? The current installer does not support 64 bits.