What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Configuration Wizard & Busy status

Configuration Wizard & Busy status
Author: Message:
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. Configuration Wizard & Busy status
You know, when you launch Configuration Wizard your status will be set to Busy. I noticed today that if you open Preferences panel from inside Config. Wizard (not with any other way), for example by clicking on "Configure external e-mail accounts" link on the Config. Wizard, it changes your status back. I don't think this is an intended behaviour.
11-03-2007 01:40 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Felu
Veteran Member

29 / Male / Flag
RE: Configuration Wizard & Busy status
I can confirm that here but I'm using a beta build. If you close the configuration wizard, your status changed back.

I think this is done on purpose.

Does not happen while appearing offline so definitely done on purpose.
11-03-2007 01:45 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Configuration Wizard & Busy status
quote:
Originally posted by Felu
I can confirm that here but I'm using a beta build. If you close the configuration wizard, your status changed back.

I think this is done on purpose.

Does not happen while appearing offline so definitely done on purpose.
:) You didn't understand what I'm reporting. Changing status to Busy is not a bug, but the bug I'm reporting is, your status is changed back if you click on some links which opens Plus! Preferences, from inside Config. Wizard, even if the Config. Wizard didn't finish completely.
11-03-2007 01:50 PM
Felu
Veteran Member

29 / Male / Flag
Oh got the point now. I can confirm bug.
11-03-2007 01:55 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
markee
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
Because Patchou uses the normal windows to configure these settings it would make it very hard to tell the difference between the instance of the configuration wizard starting it and if the users had started it (it is possible, just a lot of work) and I think that because we don't usually have our status change with these windows then it is not really needed.  However, when we go back to the configuration window I think the status should return to Busy though and not just keep the current.
[Image: markee.png]
11-03-2007 01:59 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Configuration Wizard & Busy status
quote:
Originally posted by markee
Because Patchou uses the normal windows to configure these settings it would make it very hard to tell the difference between the instance of the configuration wizard starting it and if the users had started it
You mean Preferences panel with "normal windows", don't you? Because I don't think other windows of Plus! including Configuration Wizard are abnormal windows, :P . Also as I said in my first post, you don't need to tell the difference between from where Plus! preferences panel has been launched. Because there is already a difference between them. If you open Preferences from inside Config. Wizard, it turns your status back, but if you open it from any other place, for example from Contact List's Plus! menu, while the Config Wizard is open then your status stays as Busy.
quote:
However, when we go back to the configuration window I think the status should return to Busy though and not just keep the current.
Did you test it and now are you telling what the behaviour should be, or are you guessing what the behaviour will be when user turns back to Config. Wizard? Because even if user completes setting his preferences and turns back to Config. Wizard, his status stays as is, not return to Busy again.

Also I checked Windows Messenger and Messenger Plus! v.3, there was no problem on them. The Busy status stays as Busy until the Configuration Wizard is closed, it doesn't matter if Preferences panel is opened or not, from inside Config Wizard or any other place.
11-03-2007 02:36 PM
markee
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
quote:
Because Patchou uses the normal windows to configure these settings it would make it very hard to tell the difference between the instance of the configuration wizard starting it and if the users had started it
You mean Preferences panel with "normal windows", don't you? Because I don't think other windows of Plus! including Configuration Wizard are abnormal windows, :P . Also as I said in my first post, you don't need to tell the difference between from where Plus! preferences panel has been launched. Because there is already a difference between them. If you open Preferences from inside Config. Wizard, it turns your status back, but if you open it from any other place, for example from Contact List's Plus! menu, while the Config Wizard is open then your status stays as Busy.
quote:
However, when we go back to the configuration window I think the status should return to Busy though and not just keep the current.
Did you test it and now are you telling what the behaviour should be, or are you guessing what the behaviour will be when user turns back to Config. Wizard? Because even if user completes setting his preferences and turns back to Config. Wizard, his status stays as is, not return to Busy again.
Sorry, I did not try it all out, but I now understand exactly what you are talking about.  I expected that your staus would change back after going to a different window as well which doesn't happen so I don't fully understand what Patchou did.  I think what should happen is while a config window is up and any of the windows which might be generated from it and they are the foreground window then your status is set to busy and reverts back at the end or when none of those windows are in the foreground.   Just my take on what I think should happen.
[Image: markee.png]
11-03-2007 02:51 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Fixed, thanks :)
[Image: signature2.gif]
11-04-2007 02:15 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »