What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Chat Logs, lack of privacy

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Chat Logs, lack of privacy
Author: Message:
GiantSpider
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
RE: Chat Logs, lack of privacy
You don't have to do it yourself, it is simply an option in the preferences in plus. Much like the abilty to save files is there, so is the ability to encrypt them. All you have to do is put a password where it says and your done.

For furture reference try Preferences > Conversations > Logs Encryption
11-03-2007 03:50 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
queen_bee

O.P. RE: Chat Logs, lack of privacy
giant spider-oh i see,well just before i uninstalled the Plus!last night(after i changed the default option that is) i did make a password for my msn username/email in the preferences....so when i unistalled the plus! app a box appeared asking if i wanted to keep the settings that were changed so if anyone was to download plus! again it would remember user preferences and i clicked yes :)

ok so yeah what i was going to ask was that even tho i deleted the files before i changed my preferences it will still apply IF somebody was to try to recover my chat log files right?they could only find them if they were logged in with my msn and knew the password for my settings?*exhales* lol

This post was edited on 11-03-2007 at 04:22 PM by queen_bee.
11-03-2007 04:19 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
GiantSpider
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
RE: Chat Logs, lack of privacy
Not quite.

If the files weren't encrypted (which by the sounds of it, they weren't) then if they were recovered then whoever did it would be able to read them.

But if your brother is just an average user he probably wouldn't be able to do it. And I can't imagine him wanting to do it.
11-03-2007 04:46 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: