What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Some Important Suggestions

Some Important Suggestions
Author: Message:
maxb123

O.P. Some Important Suggestions
I would like to start by thanking whoever made this, it is really cool and for the first time i felt really excited about a computer program.

now my suggestions: You know when you are typing out a long message and then the person you are talking to askes you a question and you need to answer it without losing al your current text? there should be a second place to type messages.

number two: i have a couple of email addresses for hotmail including one that that i use for emails from YouTube. it would be cool if there were multiple mail icons at the top of the screen that would automatically check multiple email addresses.

thanks
11-13-2007 11:28 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Some Important Suggestions
quote:
Originally posted by maxb123
I would like to start by thanking whoever made this, it is really cool and for the first time i felt really excited about a computer program.
Are you talking about Messenger Plus! Live or Windows Live Messenger itself? I suspected it because of your paragraphs below. Whatever
quote:
now my suggestions: You know when you are typing out a long message and then the person you are talking to askes you a question and you need to answer it without losing all your current text? there should be a second place to type messages.
It would be a very big change of the look of convo window for a small gain. Also it will likely confuse people when they see a second message box there. You can just select all (Ctrl+A), cut it (Ctrl+X), answer your contact's question, then paste your previous message to the message box (Ctrl+V) and hit Enter after completing your long message :) . I follow these steps when necessary as you said.
quote:
number two: i have a couple of email addresses for hotmail including one that that i use for emails from YouTube. it would be cool if there were multiple mail icons at the top of the screen that would automatically check multiple email addresses.
You don't need multiple mail icons for just to check other mail accounts. The icon you see on Contact List window is for the email account with which you sign in to Messenger. But Messenger Plus! Live can check your other e-mail accounts provided that their server system supports POP3 mail standard. If you have Messenger Plus! Live installed on your computer, you can find the E-mail Accounts option inside Messenger Plus! Live Preferences and configure it with the info you get from those mail services. You can't check your other @hotmail accounts unless you're paying for POP3 access.

If you want to check your other hotmail accounts, you can use Polygamy feature of Messenger Plus! Live which lets you start more than one Messenger client.

This post was edited on 11-14-2007 at 05:59 PM by ahmetgns.
11-14-2007 05:36 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Quantum
Disabled Account

Away.

30 / Male / Flag
I think is a great idea and would like to see this in a later version. Maybe a big one and then a small one below and if they as you something when you are typing a message the send something all you do is press tabs and it will switch to the small box. Another idea is you press ctrl+1 or something then it appears.
No longer here.
11-14-2007 05:53 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
MicroWay

Do you want me? Try to get me!

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
now my suggestions: You know when you are typing out a long message and then the person you are talking to askes you a question and you need to answer it without losing al your current text? there should be a second place to type messages.
Interesting Idea...
Well.. when this hapens to me, I simply select all text, copy it and then answer the new question... After answering, I just paste the other text I was writing and continue writing or, if it's finished, send it...
;)

quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
If you want to check your other hotmail accounts, you can use Polygamy feature of Messenger Plus! Live which lets you start more than one Messenger client.
Just adding that you can simply go direct to hotmail website and check the e-mails from there... ;)...

This post was edited on 11-14-2007 at 06:49 PM by MicroWay.
11-14-2007 06:49 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: