What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » New contact problems

New contact problems
Author: Message:
craftychick

O.P. Undecided  New contact problems
This is my first post, and I'm not good with computers, so this is probably a dumb question, but bear with me!!

So one of my friends got a new email address, and I added her to my contact list. But then I found that I can't start a new conversation with her or use webcam or see her display picture or anything. Also, when I'm having a conversation with her it asks me if I want to add her to my contact list. (She's already on my contact list.)

So then I went to her contact information and it says that it could not save the information, but at the bottom of the window it says Status: Pending...

So what I would like to know is, what should I do? Should I just wait it out, or is there something I should do?

Thanks a bunch!!

-Mags
11-16-2007 11:04 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: New contact problems
quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
Try deleting Contacts cache.

My Computer. Tools > Folder Options > View tab > Show hidden files and folders

My Computer > Your hard drive (usually C:\) > Documents and Settings > [Your user] > Contacts > Delete the folder with your email address. Restart WLM.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
11-16-2007 11:33 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: New contact problems
quote:
Originally posted by craftychick
So one of my friends got a new email address, and I added her to my contact list. But then I found that I can't start a new conversation with her or use webcam or see her display picture or anything. Also, when I'm having a conversation with her it asks me if I want to add her to my contact list. (She's already on my contact list.)
Windows Live Messenger's Contact List can also list the contacts who don't have an instant messaging address. Or even if an address is written in the Instant Messaging Address box in "Edit Contact" window, if "Use with Windows Live Messenger" checkbox isn't ticked, then you cannot start convos with them by simply double clicking on them. What icon do you see for that contact in your list: an offline buddy or a phone book icon?
quote:
Originally posted by craftychick
So then I went to her contact information and it says that it could not save the information, but at the bottom of the window it says Status: Pending...
That pending notification is not related to "adding contacts". It is a new service of Microsoft which is named "Contact Updates". For more info, click the link which you'll see when you uncheck the checkbox in "Edit Contact" window.
11-17-2007 07:19 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
craftychick

O.P. RE: RE: New contact problems
quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
What icon do you see for that contact in your list: an offline buddy or a phone book icon?
I see the offline buddy, even if she is online and talking to me.

Also, Chris4, I tried your suggestion, and unfortunately it did not work. Thanks for trying tho!
11-17-2007 02:59 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: