What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Transfer Messenger Plus data to new MSN account?

Transfer Messenger Plus data to new MSN account?
Author: Message:
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Transfer Messenger Plus data to new MSN account?
Patchou, sorry but looks like you're wrong on this :P

I have exported my prefs and contacts stats of my main account. (Maybe exporting prefs was not necessary but I did it because I saw a "ContactWatchTime" value in registry under Preferences root of my main account and I thought it may be related with Contact List Clean Up). Then I signed in my test account, then added one contact who I had a chat 12 hours ago. I looked at Contact List Clean Up window but it was showing the last chat as "+3 months" like expected. Then I imported that preferences pack, which includes that contact's statistic also, then re-open Contact List Clean Up, voila, it showed the last chat as "12 hours".

shadowsx, as Patchou said, you have to import preferences, particularly "Contacts' Settings and Statistics" to your new Windows Live Account. Then if you import your previous contact list, or any one who was in your previous contact list, then Messenger Plus! will show the real last chat and last online time with them.
11-17-2007 06:56 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Transfer Messenger Plus data to new MSN account? - by shadowsx on 11-17-2007 at 02:53 AM
RE: Transfer Messenger Plus data to new MSN account? - by Patchou on 11-17-2007 at 04:10 AM
RE: Transfer Messenger Plus data to new MSN account? - by shadowsx on 11-17-2007 at 04:28 AM
RE: Transfer Messenger Plus data to new MSN account? - by ahmetgns on 11-17-2007 at 06:56 AM
RE: Transfer Messenger Plus data to new MSN account? - by shadowsx on 11-17-2007 at 03:15 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: