What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Transfer Messenger Plus data to new MSN account?

Transfer Messenger Plus data to new MSN account?
Author: Message:
shadowsx

O.P. Transfer Messenger Plus data to new MSN account?
Well, I want to make a new msn account but I want to keep all my Messenger Plus stuff like chat logs (i know i can access them from my documents) and the "Contact List Clean-Up" stuff (I like to know when I chatted with the people last). So is there a way I can transfer this stuff?
11-17-2007 02:53 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
RE: Transfer Messenger Plus data to new MSN account?
All your preferences can be exported from the Preferences panel, click on Import/Export in the bottom left corner.

Things like contact stats used in the Contact List Clean-Up are unfortunately account-dependant and cannot be reimported from one account to another, but that's about the only thing you'll lose (and if you're moving in a new account, you'll have a fresh new list so that shouldn't matter much).
[Image: signature2.gif]
11-17-2007 04:10 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
shadowsx

O.P. RE: Transfer Messenger Plus data to new MSN account?
Thanks for the info. Is there anyway I can access/find the raw data from the Contact List Clean-Up and save it in a html/xml file like the convos so I can access it if I ever need it and start fresh on a new account?
11-17-2007 04:28 AM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Transfer Messenger Plus data to new MSN account?
Patchou, sorry but looks like you're wrong on this :P

I have exported my prefs and contacts stats of my main account. (Maybe exporting prefs was not necessary but I did it because I saw a "ContactWatchTime" value in registry under Preferences root of my main account and I thought it may be related with Contact List Clean Up). Then I signed in my test account, then added one contact who I had a chat 12 hours ago. I looked at Contact List Clean Up window but it was showing the last chat as "+3 months" like expected. Then I imported that preferences pack, which includes that contact's statistic also, then re-open Contact List Clean Up, voila, it showed the last chat as "12 hours".

shadowsx, as Patchou said, you have to import preferences, particularly "Contacts' Settings and Statistics" to your new Windows Live Account. Then if you import your previous contact list, or any one who was in your previous contact list, then Messenger Plus! will show the real last chat and last online time with them.
11-17-2007 06:56 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
shadowsx

O.P. RE: Transfer Messenger Plus data to new MSN account?
tyvm to both of you! ahmetgns solution worked great!
11-17-2007 03:15 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: