What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Chat logs aren't logging (picture inside)

Chat logs aren't logging (picture inside)
Author: Message:
Unreal209

O.P. Chat logs aren't logging (picture inside)
Hello, been having this problem since March of this year now! Rather simple, here are my settings-

[Image: screenshot007ai5.jpg]

Those have been the same since i installed Plus!.  For some unknown reason, in my logs folder, nothing has been logged since March. Tried re-setting it and everything, to no avail :(

Please help me!
10-17-2007 08:58 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Chat logs aren't logging (picture inside)
Make sure you don't filter anyone, select everyone for their chats to be logged.

Change Files Destination to something different by browsing your harddrive and Apply changes, then set it again to whatever destination you want again by browsing your harddrive. Don't type directly the destination to the input area, because Plus! may not create the folder which you write.
10-17-2007 09:26 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
jettinjatti

I've done the same thing (changing the files destination) and it seems to be working (for now).
My concern is that it works so on/off; it works some days but not others. Is there a way to fix this?
10-17-2007 10:01 PM
Unreal209

O.P. RE: Chat logs aren't logging (picture inside)
Still no luck :(.
Not filtering anyone, got everyone ticked, but i always had that. Not sure if ticked means filtered or not, but i've always had them ticked. Changed the folder destination a million times, no luck.
Any other ideas please?
10-24-2007 01:53 PM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
Uninstalling Plus! by removing all user settings and then reinstalling?
10-24-2007 08:36 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Unreal209

O.P. RE: Chat logs aren't logging (picture inside)
Sorry for the long gap in my reply, had college deadlines to worry over :S.

Anyway i just completely re-installed Messenger Plus live, exported all my settings (with chat loging un-checked) and sounds and re-inmported them. I set up the chat logging again. I go open a convo with a mate and say 'test message lol'. I go to my chat logging folder, i was amazed, chat logs for October 07 and November 07 had appeared, seriously, this was magical. I go into the November 07 file of me and said mate, scroll down to the very bottom, and 'test message lol' is nowhere to be seen. All that is there is what was said BEFORE the install. I closed the convo with him, re-started the computer. Still no chats logged :(. What gives?!

Also not so long ago a chat log for Oct 07 appeared in My Documents documenting just ONE convo with ONE guy. I weren't messing round with the chat log settings then because i always say 'test message' to people to see if it starts logging, if i aint already talking to them.
11-10-2007 12:47 PM
jettinjatti

I still seem to have the same problem. Is there anyone that can fix this?
11-19-2007 02:33 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: