What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » IM your friends anytime, add their cell number

IM your friends anytime, add their cell number
Author: Message:
jgs9455

O.P. Huh?  IM your friends anytime, add their cell number
I keep getting a alert / notification that says "IM your friends anytime, add their cell number" from Windows Live Messenger 8.5.1302.1018. The notification pops up trom the system tray where it usually tells me I have a new email or when I get a IM message. When I open WLM there is a section under search but above the contact list that says "View your recent alerts" with a bell next to it. When I click on it, it opens to show a list of the same alert listed a bunch of times. There is a option to "Clear all alerts" but I want this to stop. I don't want to add my friends cell number, and I don't need to keep being told I can do it. (N) It is driving me crazy! Please help!

The link sends you to 'http://imagine-windowslive.com/Messenger/Post/Connect/?notification_id=2&message_id=2&agent=messenger&ocid=TXT_MSGTOAST#SMS&notification_id=2&message_id=2&agent=messenger'
but there is no way to turn it off.

This post was edited on 11-20-2007 at 01:18 AM by jgs9455.
11-20-2007 01:18 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
MattyRid
Veteran Member

Red Bull Racing Australia

– / Male / Flag
RE: IM your friends anytime, add their cell number
I don't think there is a way to switch it off.

I believe Microsoft are starting to use Messenger Alerts when you sign into WLM to alert users about features they may not know about.
Red Bull Racing Australia - Triple Eight Race Engineering - Holden
11-20-2007 01:35 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
jgs9455

O.P. RE: IM your friends anytime, add their cell number
But I know about it, I must have gotten the same alert 5 times a day for the poast month. It's almost liked FORCED advertising...what is to stop them from pushing ads through it? And we wondered how they were going to make money with IM.
Anyone else know a way to turn it off or is there a patch that disables this?
11-20-2007 01:37 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: