What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Windows Live sucks big time!

Windows Live sucks big time!
Author: Message:
Hawaiiguy

O.P. Windows Live sucks big time!
I've noticed other folks complain about upgrading from Version 7.5 and then not being able to delete Windows Live and reinstall Version 7.5...it simply will not reinstall even when you indicate that is what you want to do!!

I've lost all my chat history and cannot find the pal list from Version 7.5.  Sometimes when I sign on now to Live, there is simply no pal list at all...but if I sign off and sign in again it will pop up.   Previously, I did load Live and uninstalled/reinstalled Version 7.5 to find that all of my contact list had been BLOCKED!!  Maybe that's happened again, but I can't figure out  how to verify that!

Version 7.5 was such an elegantly simple format and Windows Live seems to consume more memory, loads slowly, is not as stable and I always have to revert to "Classic" to use the Hotmail feature, since the other option has too many bells and whistles and fails to send mail reliably.  I've never (in 15 years) experienced any serious problems with Messenger until this current version.  What must they be thinking??

Can anyone offer suggestions on how I might retrieve my Messenger chat history and determine if the Pal list is blocked?  thanks
11-22-2007 01:34 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
SuNcO

45 / Male / Flag
RE: Windows Live sucks big time!
I had 7 for long time.. then i move to 8 and 8.5 but for some reason (proxy at the company) i must move to 7 but i didn't lost anything.. my contacts are fine and my chat history are there

When come back to 7 i go to control panel, add remove apps and just do the thing with no problems

I do that many times because i need to test some stuff with the proxy.. i go to 8.5 and back to 7 about.. 1 time by month
11-22-2007 08:35 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: