What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » [split] installing Version 7

[split] installing Version 7
Author: Message:
Hawaiiguy

O.P. RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 BETA
someone suggests uninstalling Live Messenger/installing Version 7...in fact, I cannot do that...each time it automatically kicks over to Version 7.5...and the enclosed attachment prevents me from downloading Version 7.5...it's  curious and diabolic the way Messenger programmers
mess up things for those of us who are not on their same technical level...I'm just an average internet user and my mind is not configured to deal with the nuance of technical solutions.  I do feel MSN Messenger does a great disservice to users ....I've made repeated requests for technical help on Messenger and see that many folks (surely some of them must be MSN Messenger programmers) have read my Forum posting, but choose not to respond with solutions.

.jpg File Attachment: Messenger error message.jpg (13.69 KB)
This file has been downloaded 149 time(s).
11-23-2007 03:43 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
SuNcO

45 / Male / Flag
RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 BETA
You can still use Msn 7 but this "new" build (7.0.0820) :

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?F...-9904-9505f47bed45

Check the official source:

http://messengersays.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!5B4...30829E!29966.entry

Before talk about Microsoft or any company/product, i think you need to ask the right cuestion or in the right place ;)

This post was edited on 11-23-2007 at 04:29 AM by SuNcO.
11-23-2007 04:20 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Salem

37 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 BETA
quote:
Originally posted by Hawaiiguy
it's  curious and diabolic the way Messenger programmers mess up things for those of us who are not on their same technical level...I'm just an average internet user and my mind is not configured to deal with the nuance of technical solutions.  I do feel MSN Messenger does a great disservice to users ....I've made repeated requests for technical help on Messenger and see that many folks (surely some of them must be MSN Messenger programmers) have read my Forum posting, but choose not to respond with solutions.

Although i personally do believe some things about Messenger could be done better, I do think they make it fairly easy for the average internet user to use Windows Live Messenger.

The guys at MSN/Windows Live technical support may not necessarily be those who actually program it.

If you have any problems with Messenger in future, and the support team are unable to help you, come and ask us here. I'm sure on of the members of this forum will be able (and happy) to help you.

~Salem(@)

This post was edited on 11-23-2007 at 08:26 AM by Salem.
[Image: salem874.smart.jpg][Image: card.png]
Was i Helpful?[/url]
11-23-2007 08:22 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: