What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » MSN is constantly FROZEN and can't download plus! Error 8003

MSN is constantly FROZEN and can't download plus! Error 8003
Author: Message:
kiki2

O.P. MSN is constantly FROZEN and can't download plus! Error 8003
Heey i can't seem to use msn live messenger for the past coupel of days. It's been FREEZIING as soon as i sign in and i can't open a box to message someone or change my display picture. It jsut freezes. I un-installed msn live plus! and tried to reinstal it but i can't since it keeps sayng, ERROR 8003, and i don't know why. Can someone help me please?? I checked the status of msn and it says everything is normal and working fine. It keeps FREEZING HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! :S
11-29-2007 09:42 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
MattyRid
Veteran Member

Red Bull Racing Australia

– / Male / Flag
RE: MSN is constantly FROZEN and can't download plus! Error 8003
I suggest downloading Messenger Plus! Live from the official site again (at least put it somewhere different e.g. if the original installer is on your desktop, then put the new installer that you will download in say My Documents to have it separated from the other installer). Try that and see if it will install.
Red Bull Racing Australia - Triple Eight Race Engineering - Holden
11-29-2007 10:19 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
Please provide more details:
  1. What version of Windows Live Messenger are you using? (Help > About Messenger)
  2. What OS? (Windows XP, Vista, etc.)
  3. What does the error code say exactly (when the error box pops up, press CTRL + C to copy it, then paste it here).
Try exiting WLM, then go to Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and remove Messenger Plus! Live. Now sign in to WLM and see if you have the same problems. If you do, it's down to WLM and not Plus!.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
11-29-2007 10:45 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Error 8003 is in the setup is caused when your temporary directory is not accessible. This means that your system must be repaired, you need to reassign %TEMP% and %TMP% to a valid directory (if you dont know how to do that, I suggest you repair Windows from the CDs).
[Image: signature2.gif]
11-30-2007 01:14 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: