What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [request] new steal contact function

[request] new steal contact function
Author: Message:
miguel_urbie

O.P. Huh?  [request] new steal contact function
I my inglish is bad but aniway i write in inglish

I'm using the script steal contact ver. 1.3, but i like you adding a new function to steal the font of contacts because they say : it's you, because the font is yours

i'm portuguese and I've decided writing in portuguese becaus is more easy:

ola eu gostaria que adicionasem uma opçao para roubar os tipos de letra dos contactos porque eu uso o script do steal contact ver 1.3 mas eles sabem que sou eu por causa do tipo de letra, nao ha maneira de o copiar tambem???
11-30-2007 08:37 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Toneo

Epic.

28 / Male / Flag
RE: [request] new steal contact function
I don't think it's possible, or if it is, not that easy. If it was easy, then all the steal contact scripts would have the feature to steal font.
[Image: signature-user=291&back=4&clr=12,102,237&size=80.png]
12-01-2007 11:54 AM
High Speed Chaser

Don't mess with the Wambulance!

– / Male / Flag
It's very hard to do. The only way to do it is by using Xniff which is extremely unreliable. Messenger Discovery Live has a feature that allows you to imitate a contact using both their nick and font.
If only I knew what I should put here
12-01-2007 12:18 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
vikke

31 / Male / Flag
It's not possible doing this with the MP!L scripting library. However, you can retrieve the font and the color by hooking the Winsock. If you're going to hook the Winsocks, you're going to need a DLL. And if you don't know what a DLL is, you can use Xniff (search the forums) by Pai. It's a DLL made for MP!L, which enables you to read sockets easily. I'm not sure if it's working under Vista right now.

Changing the font and color of your own messages is a bit more tricky. Messenger Plus! has the ability to do this, but you cannot use it from scripting. These font-settings are stored in the registry, but I'm not sure if it's going to work if you change them, without needing to restart Messenger. To change the registry keys, you will need to calculate the MSN ID. And then open the actual key which contains the MSN ID (search for wtbw posts on this forum) using some Win32 calls to the Registry API. Read more about the Registry API on MSDN.com.
12-01-2007 02:48 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: