What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » [How To] - Hide Elements, Forced Hiding and Options

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
[How To] - Hide Elements, Forced Hiding and Options
Author: Message:
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [How To] - Hide Elements, Forced Hiding and Options
If you're just replacing the default Ad-Space image that's allowed. I have no idea what you're talking about 'sets' for :S

But generally anything that can take away Microsoft's revenue is not allowed, the exception is kinda the search bar because no one uses it :P and it's not like an advert space or anything

This post was edited on 12-21-2007 at 09:12 AM by aNILEator.
12-21-2007 09:12 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
RE: [How To] - Hide Elements, Forced Hiding and Options
I'm talking about sets because my skin features several sets of images.....each set containing three images, the third of which goes in the space created by removing the ads.

I know the generally anything taking away microsoft's revenue isn't allowed.......but the reg key will do that, and that is allowed.....this option is the same......it's not explicit that it will remove the adverts, only that it will display the third picture (a)
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5220 days, 23 hours, 3 minutes, 47 seconds ago
12-21-2007 10:28 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Toneo

Epic.

28 / Male / Flag
Hi. First of all this is a great tutorial, easy to understand, but I think I might've gone wrong somewhere...

I tried your methods for hiding the Search Bar, which I want to add an option to do for my skin. So first of all, I tried the force hiding method, but it didn't work. The search on the contact list was still there.

Could you tell me what I might've done wrong?

This post was edited on 12-27-2007 at 07:58 AM by Toneo.
[Image: signature-user=291&back=4&clr=12,102,237&size=80.png]
12-27-2007 07:58 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
I'm talking about sets because my skin features several sets of images.....each set containing three images, the third of which goes in the space created by removing the ads.

I know the generally anything taking away microsoft's revenue isn't allowed.......but the reg key will do that, and that is allowed.....this option is the same......it's not explicit that it will remove the adverts, only that it will display the third picture (a)
Not allowed...

Anything which could remove/hide the ads is simply not allowed, no matter how it is done or how it is called in the options or if it is only for a few pictures.

If you want to include a registry key for this you can do it (eg: put a reg file in the skin's directory). But no explicit reference to that should be given anywhere, no option, no reference, nothing.

This post was edited on 12-27-2007 at 10:41 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-27-2007 10:37 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
i am trying to give users the option to remove buttons in the chat window but its not working, heres the code im using.

code:
<*PlusSkin Conditions(RemInviteBtn = false)*>
<button class="HIGToolbarButton" padding=rect(5,5,5,4) layout=borderlayout() id=atom(invitetoimbtn) cmdid=40269 AccRole=43 Tooltip=true active=mouseandkeyboard|nosyncfocus margin=rect(5,0,5,0) accessible=true>
<ButtonIcon class="HIGToolbarIcon" contentalign=middlecenter ID=Atom(ai149)/>
<element layoutpos=Right contentalign=middlecenter layout=filllayout()>
<ButtonText class="HIGToolbarText" content="" contentalign=middlecenter Shortcut=1 ID=Atom(ai150)/>
</element>
</button>
</*PlusSkin*>
<*PlusSkin Conditions(RemInviteBtn = true)*>
</*PlusSkin*>

based on this tutorial and lengthy sessions i have had with Nile this should work, anybody know what it is i have done wrong. heres the code that makes the option in skininfo.

code:
                <BoolVal Name="RemInviteBtn">
                    <DispLabel>Remove Invite Button (Chat Window)</DispLabel>
                    <Default>false</Default>
                </BoolVal>

now as best i can see the option name matches up but if anyone can see a mistake here then id greatly appreciate it if you could tell me so i can correct it and learn from it lol.
12-28-2007 08:28 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
This method is the same for most Elements you may want to force hide.
If an element that you want to hide does not have a layoutpos to modify, you can add one, it may work depending on the element. Give it a go (Smilie)

You have not contacted me on this issue. Don't lie!

You have to HIDE the elements not remove them. Removing them can and will feck up messenger

add in a layoutpos=none

something like

code:
<button class="HIGToolbarButton" padding=rect(5,5,5,4) layout=borderlayout() <*PlusSkin Conditions(RemInviteBtn = false)*></*PlusSkin*> <*PlusSkin Conditions(RemInviteBtn = true)*>layoutpos=none</*PlusSkin*>
id=atom(invitetoimbtn) cmdid=40269 AccRole=43 Tooltip=true active=mouseandkeyboard|nosyncfocus margin=rect(5,0,5,0) accessible=true>
<ButtonText class="HIGToolbarText" content="" contentalign=middlecenter Shortcut=1 ID=Atom(ai150)/>
</element>
</button>

I have not tested this, so if it doesn't work that's the reason
12-28-2007 10:38 PM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
when i said about lengthy conversations with yourself Nile i was refering to the lengthy conversations we had regarding word wheel repositioning and hiding the contact list icons, those topics essentially interconnect with what i was attempting so it wasnt technically a lie.

since my last post i actually discovered that what i had done wrong is the 920 style file i had been working on had been saved to my desktop and not to the 365 skins directory and id forgoten to link to it in skininfo, this hiding feature now works on chat windows buttons, thanks Nile for such a quick response.
12-29-2007 08:43 AM
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

35 / Male / Flag
Did my method work or was it yours? because you should try not to remove elements wherever necessary
12-29-2007 09:36 AM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
oh, i havent tried your method yet, i will do however, however as i dont want to bugger up messenger if avoidable.

EDIT:

quote:
quote:
This method is the same for most Elements you may want to force hide.
If an element that you want to hide does not have a layoutpos to modify, you can add one, it may work depending on the element. Give it a go (Smilie)

You have not contacted me on this issue. Don't lie!

You have to HIDE the elements not remove them. Removing them can and will feck up messenger

add in a layoutpos=none

something like

code:
<button class="HIGToolbarButton" padding=rect(5,5,5,4) layout=borderlayout() <*PlusSkin Conditions(RemInviteBtn = false)*></*PlusSkin*> <*PlusSkin Conditions(RemInviteBtn = true)*>layoutpos=none</*PlusSkin*>
id=atom(invitetoimbtn) cmdid=40269 AccRole=43 Tooltip=true active=mouseandkeyboard|nosyncfocus margin=rect(5,0,5,0) accessible=true>
</element>
</button>

I have not tested this, so if it doesn't work that's the reason

i tried this and got the following skin trace

quote:
07/12/29 10:49:05| **** The trace has started ****
07/12/29 10:49:05| Skin: 365 Skin 1.75
07/12/29 10:49:05| Messenger version: 8.5.1302.1018 (en-us)
07/12/29 10:49:05| Messenger Plus! version: 4.50.312
07/12/29 10:49:05| Last definition file loaded: 920
07/12/29 10:49:05| Last picture file loaded: 58504
07/12/29 10:49:05| DUIParserFailure: parse error '=' 501

that indicates theres a problem on line 501 in the 920 definitions file but i was editing line 492 line 501 is for the send files button which i havent changed yet, this was done in a clean copy of the 920 definitions file extracted by plus and i only made the changes you specified Nile just incase you were wondering.

if i can hide the button rather than remove it then of course i will do so however as this error prevents me from using chat winow il use my other 920 definitions in the mean time.

EDIT:

as per my discussion with Nile on messenger i hid invite button without removing it using the following code.

quote:
<button class="HIGToolbarButton" padding=rect(5,5,5,4) <*PlusSkin Conditions(RemInviteBtn = false)*>layout=borderlayout()</*PlusSkin*><*PlusSkin Conditions(RemInvitebtn = true)*>layoutpos=none</*PlusSkin*> id=atom(invitetoimbtn) cmdid=40269 AccRole=43 Tooltip=true active=mouseandkeyboard|nosyncfocus margin=rect(5,0,5,0) accessible=true>
</element>
</button>

but when i tried to do the same on the shared files button as per the code below it didnt work, yes it hid it but unlike what happened with invite button you can still click it even though theres no picture there.

quote:
<button class="HIGToolbarButton" padding=rect(5,5,5,4) <*PlusSkin Conditions(RemSharedBtn2 = false)*>layout=borderlayout()</*PlusSkin*><*PlusSkin Conditions(RemSharedBtn2 = true)*>layoutpos=none</*PlusSkin*> id=atom(sendfilebtn) cmdid=40391 AccRole=43 Tooltip=true active=mouseandkeyboard|nosyncfocus margin=rect(5,0,5,0)>
<ButtonIcon class="HIGToolbarIcon" contentalign=middlecenter ID=Atom(ai151)/>
<ButtonText class="HIGToolbarText" content="" contentalign=middlecenter Shortcut=1 ID=Atom(ai152)/>
</element>
</button>

does anybody know what i did wrong here?

This post was edited on 12-29-2007 at 11:51 AM by stuartbennett.
12-29-2007 10:25 AM
Basilis
Veteran Member

Olympiacos CFP

30 / Male / Flag
I would like to thank you for giving such clear information on different parts of skinning.It helped me very much! 
[Image: logo1nu1.png]
01-03-2008 10:48 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: