What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Messenger Plus - Conact List Clean-Up

Messenger Plus - Conact List Clean-Up
Author: Message:
XM4ST3RX

DJ Scoop!

37 / Male / –
O.P. Messenger Plus - Conact List Clean-Up
Hi,

This feature i believe need's some work.

ex: a user i have not yet spoke to and has no recorded log it says that last chat was "2 > days", when really it should be "unknown" or something.

It would be good if it could use a function to calculate the exact ammount of days that you last spoken to a user, instead of just using "? > days", then users will have more of an outlook on their contacts.

Kind Regards,
XM4ST3RX
12-02-2004 12:26 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Fraisie
Former Super Mod

Pixie Dust!

42 / Female / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus - Conact List Clean-Up
2 > days ?

Have you opened a conversation with him, even if you didnt talk to him ?
So, Fraisie.net is empty atm. I\'m trying to come up with something cool to put on it, and I will!
12-02-2004 04:42 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
kangie

falling...

38 / Female / –
and how long have you had plus installed? cos it starts from the moment its installed.... it will say 2> because it wasnt there to see if you talked to them before that, so it just puts what it knows, and that is: that you havent spoken to that contact for more than 2days....
(someone correct me if im wrong :/)

for example, i installed plus 11 days ago, so those contacts who have not been online or talked to me since i installed it, show as >11 days (> meaning more than, and < meaning less than)  the contacts ive talked to 30mins ago show as <1day, because plus deals in days, and 30mins is obviously less than a day :P
hope i helped

This post was edited on 12-04-2004 at 11:10 PM by kangie.
[Image: sig.jpg]
12-04-2004 11:06 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
John

www.johnjoosten.net

38 / Male / Flag
I'm pretty sure you got it right kangie. (H)
[Image: johnsig02.png]
12-05-2004 02:46 PM
Derwan

51 / Male / –
I was wondering if it is possible for Plus! to catch when you add a contact and store the date.  If the contact hasn't been online or there hasn't been a conversation with the contact since that date, it could then say "Never/None" in the Last Online/Last Chat respectively.

If the contact was already on the list prior to Plus! being installed, the > x days would make more sense.

I recently added 3 contacts to my list.  The contact list cleanup reads "> 407 days" for one of them and "> 194 days" for the other two.  It makes no sense that I "haven't spoken to someone for more than 194 days" when I have just added them to my list.
12-06-2004 12:59 AM
kangie

falling...

38 / Female / –
*shrugs* dunno why its doing that :/
[Image: sig.jpg]
12-08-2004 05:55 AM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
I'll check that add-contact bug :)

Edit: bug fixed, thanks for reporting.

This post was edited on 02-06-2005 at 10:16 PM by Patchou.
[Image: signature2.gif]
12-08-2004 09:37 AM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
BUMP!

Thank you XM4ST3RX for creating this thread. Though there is no improvement on this since 2004, I want to bring this subject to the discussion again.

I liked Derwan's suggestion about new contacts and would like it to be implemented. It would be very good indeed.

This post was edited on 03-12-2008 at 10:26 PM by ahmetgns.
03-12-2008 10:25 PM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
Another bump! :)

Still there is no update for this, yet I have hope. I have improved the idea a bit.

There will be ContactWatchTime value for each contact in the Contacts entries of Plus! in registry and it will calculate the amount of time per contact when it fails to find an entry LastSeenOnline or LastChat for a contact, not according to a general ContactWatchTime value which is created when you install Plus!. This value will be created for contacts who are added to the contact list. So when we add a new contact today, its corresponding value will indicate today's date and the contact list clean up will calculate a relatively shorter time like 2 days + after 2 days according to that value. With this, we won't see for instance 30 months + for newly added contacts and we will have an idea how much more time we should wait them to come online before considering deleting. Darwen's "Never/None" suggestion is a bit worse than this because for that suggestion, we have to remember when we have added a contact to do a good list cleaning.

This post was edited on 07-15-2008 at 09:17 PM by ahmetgns.
07-15-2008 09:11 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: