What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Script Translations

Script Translations
Author: Message:
DejaVoo

– / Female / Flag
O.P. Script Translations
I think that new scripts added to the database should come in more than one language as I would like to try some but don’t quite understand what they do or how they work…

I’ve noticed that mynetx has supplied information in numerous languages for his WLMstatus script which was added to the database today and it is a great idea…

Maybe the MP! Live translation team could help out or anyone on the forums who is lucky enough to speak, read and write more than one language might be willing to help…

Most descriptions are not that long so hopefully would not take up too much time…

Just a thought…

:)
07-10-2008 12:40 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Script Translations
Non-English languages are pretty popular with the Plus! crowd, especially Spanish and French. Multi-language support on any script is great :D.

However, the scripters are responsible for the translations. I think there are plenty of people willing to translate. It's up to the scripters to get these people together, co-ordinate the translation, and package it in a single script. Scripters can post a thread on the forum or include a message in their description page, asking for translations. The translation team are volunteers, but if anyone wants to help out they will respond for sure.

mynetx has way more downloads on his translations than he has on the English version, it pays off to translate. And remember scripters: if you translate your script, send in a translation of the description too, so international users can find it on the site :).
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
07-11-2008 12:27 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
tribbium

– / Male / Flag
RE: Script Translations
Personally, I'd love to make my trivia script in multiple languages, but the difficulty isn't in altering the program's language, but in translating the vast amounts of trivia questions =\. That and I figure the history and literature topics for foreign trivia would be much different.
Are you and your friends trivia enthusiasts? Download Tribbium! http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/view/427-Tribb...ia-Gaming-System)/

Download questions for Tribbium here:
http://www.tribbium.tk
07-11-2008 05:39 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: