What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Cool idea. Doubt its possible though.

Cool idea. Doubt its possible though.
Author: Message:
Ashley_H

O.P. Cool idea. Doubt its possible though.
Okay so, I had an idea but it depends wether it is possible, which im thinking it isnt but its worth a try :)

So on a chatwindow when you send a message or somebody else sends a message would you be able to fade the text in? Instead of the text just appearing would you be able to fade it in?

Think it would be a cool effect. :D
12-10-2007 08:29 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Quantum
Disabled Account

Away.

30 / Male / Flag
RE: Cool idea. Doubt its possible though.
I think i know what you mean, like slowly appearing? I think this can be done and i would use that sort of thing. Maybe theres can be more than one way to choose from.
No longer here.
12-10-2007 09:34 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by john-t
I think this can be done and i would use that sort of thing.

I don't think it can.. The chat window is just a text box and it wqould require the whole control to fade in/out. This means it would happen for the whole conversation, if you could even get the controls name/id and control it
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
12-10-2007 09:46 PM
Ashley_H

O.P. RE: Cool idea. Doubt its possible though.
SpunkyLoveMuff how about a way to add a white box (Would only work with white backgrounds though) over the text and slow decrease its alpha. It would make an effect of the text appearing?

Then again you would have to make a way to find the x and y co-ordinates of the text and set the height and width depending on how many lines the box fills.

Possible use some sort of onTextChange event or something?

This post was edited on 12-13-2007 at 04:32 PM by Ashley_H.
12-13-2007 04:30 PM
Jimbo
Veteran Member

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Ashley_H
SpunkyLoveMuff how about a way to add a white box (Would only work with white backgrounds though) over the text and slow decrease its alpha. It would make an effect of the text appearing?

Then again you would have to make a way to find the x and y co-ordinates of the text and set the height and width depending on how many lines the box fills.

Possible use some sort of onTextChange event or something?
I suppose a script could be made to detect as a message is sent and display a white box on the chat window, but it would depend on positioning, skins!!, and maximised etc. I supose it could very badly be done, but i doubt it will be made
12-13-2007 04:57 PM
markee
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
That block over the top method is the dodgiest thing i've heard suggested =\

The fade in cannot be done unless you update the text area multiple times, which in turn uses lots more CPU.

Thebox idea wouldn't work because of all the different colours you can have (especially when you start using images in your background) and how are you meant to tell the size of the text?
[Image: markee.png]
12-13-2007 11:05 PM
Ashley_H

O.P. RE: RE: Cool idea. Doubt its possible though.
quote:
Originally posted by markee
That block over the top method is the dodgiest thing i've heard suggested =\

The fade in cannot be done unless you update the text area multiple times, which in turn uses lots more CPU.

Thebox idea wouldn't work because of all the different colours you can have (especially when you start using images in your background) and how are you meant to tell the size of the text?

This is why I said doubt it :P Just thought its worth suggesting.

And I suppose if their was a way to use this method you would have to only have a white background. But I think people would like it more, as it would look more proffesional and cool (H) :P
12-15-2007 11:50 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: