What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » [Need Help] Window Cornors, layout="X"layout(), and User Tile

[Need Help] Window Cornors, layout="X"layout(), and User Tile
Author: Message:
Keikonium

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. Huh?  [Need Help] Window Cornors, layout="X"layout(), and User Tile
Okay I have 3 questions that I will put all in one topic. If anyone can help with any of the three, that'd be wonderful. Here goes:

1. When I added a background to my entire layout, I got these weird colored cornors on my skin. No matter which background I use, it happens. Does anyone know how to get rid of them (are they images?)?:

[Image: cornorproblem.png]

2. I want to make the display picture in the contact list area larger. I can't figure out how to do this >.<! Does anyone know how to make it larger?:

[Image: usertilesize.png]

3. This is sort of two questions in one. What are the differences between border, fill, flow, verticalflow etc layout modes? Also, how would I go about stretching this out to the side (I can provide code if needed):

[Image: stretchtoside.png]

This post was edited on 12-16-2007 at 01:47 AM by Keikonium.
Now Playing:
[image not working] [Image: 87cc21b0.png]
12-16-2007 01:14 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
RE: [Need Help] Window Cornors, layout="X"layout(), and User Tile
Answers:

Q1: Consolidated windows is your best friend in this case, it will show all the images that are used in a UIFILE, this will help you solve the problem. 1653 is the image you need to edit to fix those corners in the chat window, I wont tell you the contact list as spoon feeding wont teach :P

Q2: Dash board Display Picture can't be adjusted in size due to windows live messenger restrictions

Q3: I will be explaining all these layouts in my 3rd part to my skinning guide with examples. Its a lot easier to explain this way. No ETA on it though.

This post was edited on 12-16-2007 at 08:39 AM by Willz.
12-16-2007 08:37 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Keikonium

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: [Need Help] Window Cornors, layout="X"layout(), and User Tile
quote:
Originally posted by Willz
Answers:

Q1: Consolidated windows is your best friend in this case, it will show all the images that are used in a UIFILE, this will help you solve the problem. 1653 is the image you need to edit to fix those corners in the chat window, I wont tell you the contact list as spoon feeding wont teach :P

Q2: Dash board Display Picture can't be adjusted in size due to windows live messenger restrictions

Q3: I will be explaining all these layouts in my 3rd part to my skinning guide with examples. Its a lot easier to explain this way. No ETA on it though.

Q1: Lol, I prefer to learn as aposed to being spoon fed the answers anyways. Thanks for the help with this, I found what I was looking for :).

Q2: Can't be adjusted eh? I'll take your word for it... HOWEVER, is it possible to replace its resource with the display picture from the sign in window OR the chat window? I want the image to be 96x96 anyways, so either of those other two images would be fine :).

Q3: Looking forward to it, thanks ^_^.
Now Playing:
[image not working] [Image: 87cc21b0.png]
12-17-2007 12:01 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: [Need Help] Window Cornors, layout="X"layout(), and User Tile
quote:
Originally posted by Keikonium
quote:
Originally posted by Willz
Answers:

Q1: Lol, I prefer to learn as aposed to being spoon fed the answers anyways. Thanks for the help with this, I found what I was looking for :).

Q2: Can't be adjusted eh? I'll take your word for it... HOWEVER, is it possible to replace its resource with the display picture from the sign in window OR the chat window? I want the image to be 96x96 anyways, so either of those other two images would be fine :).

Q3: Looking forward to it, thanks ^_^.

The display picture is not a resource. The sizes of Display Pictures for each window are coded into Windows Live Messenger and can't be edited.

The only place you can change the size is in the actual contact list because there is code there that lets you.
12-17-2007 12:06 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: