What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Spelling correction

Spelling correction
Author: Message:
TheCOMET

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. Spelling correction
is there a script when some one sends you a message, like a slang word like omg, is there a one where when they send it, the script recorrects it to you, insted the other way around?
12-17-2007 07:08 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Dane
Non-Elite Member

Dont ask to ask, just ASK!

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Spelling correction
Unfortunately, I have not seen one although this seems like a very possible thing to do.  As you likely know, Messenger Plus! 3 had a feature that could replace incoming/outgoing text.  In Messenger Plus! Live, you can only replace outgoing text via the Preferences panel.  I've included those instructions for you below.

Replacing Outgoing Text Using Messenger Plus! Live:
1. Open up the Main Windows Live Messenger Window and Click the Plus Icon and select "Preferences".
2. On top of the "Preferences" window, select Conversations.  On the conversations window, select "Quick Texts" (Left Menu).
3. In the "Quick Texts" page, select the "+ Add" Button.  You are now presented with the "Quick Text Settings" window.  Select the "Automatically Replace Text In Messages I Send" Radio Button, and then type the text you want replaced in the first box, and the replacement text in the second box.
4. Select "OK", Select "OK", and you're done!
12-17-2007 09:21 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Spelling correction
I have a very early and crude common mis-spelling replacer script, it loads from a .txt list, by adding your own filtered words it can also do some funky icon stuff with (!VER) and (!SVER) I believe Vikke and deAd were making separate spell checking scripts that could underline mis-spelled words, however they are as far as I know now defunct projects, at least until Stuffplug 3's Scripting interface is documented and released
12-17-2007 10:19 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: