What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » [Release v1.58] Christmas Theme - refer to first post

Pages: (7): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 6 » Last »
[Release v1.58] Christmas Theme - refer to first post
Author: Message:
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
RE: [Release] Christmas Theme
The included screenshot is linked to the actual site and not the screenshot itself :). Looks good from what I can tell.   
I'm on: Twitter, Facebook, and Neowin
12-17-2007 05:47 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
RE: [Release] Christmas Theme
yes that looks very nice
12-17-2007 05:59 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
freak544

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Release] Christmas Theme
Version 1.11 now released

The small tress on the contact list background have been removed

Hope you all enoy

Comments and changes are welcome
12-19-2007 05:36 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
RE: [Release/Update] Christmas Theme
oh damn thats harsh lol, what i mean by that is i absolutely love this skin however since installing 9.0 my 8.5 has stopped working properly and this skin only works in 8.5 so i cant look at it, however based on the screenshot provided i am slightly concerned, although it looks great what you have to remember is when toasts pop up youll see a very dark green with part of a star in the middle and the black text "windows live messenger" will not be readable, i dont know if toast can be assigned seperate backgrounds than the rest of the windows however assuming its possible i recomend the same background at slightly smaller perhaps without the tree and set the images for the "windows live messenger" text to be a different colour maybe even change the default text colour on the toasts.

i know toasts dont pop up that often but when they do they need to look nice and be readable or people might not enjoy your skin.

those are my only real complaints about it, so if you fix the toasts and add 9.0 compatability it will be pretty near perfect i reckon, well actually perfect would include animated snow in the background of all windows however im not sure of the limitations of messenger or plus's skinning engine so that may not be doable at this time.
12-19-2007 06:44 PM
freak544

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Release/Update] Christmas Theme
I am hoping to make the skin for 9.0 soon
I am working on making the toasts look a little better
It would be nice to have falling snow in the background but I think this is not possible
I will try and get 9.0 compatibility and other changes released tomorrow hopefully
12-19-2007 06:55 PM
Quantum
Disabled Account

Away.

30 / Male / Flag
I don't really like the light green it annoys my eyes. Same with the search bar. The Christmas tree looks good though.
No longer here.
12-19-2007 07:28 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
freak544

35 / Male / Flag
I am planning to change the search bar colour (either to a darker green or a red or yellow)
Are you on about the light green at the top (I am planning to change this to either be green or show the rest of the christmas tree if this is possible)

This post was edited on 12-19-2007 at 07:35 PM by freak544.
12-19-2007 07:33 PM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
yeah about the light green dashboard in contact list it is a bit bright, need sunglasses lol. i think id eventually get used to it although if it can be made transparent so you can see the rest of the tree thatd be great, word of warning though, if dashboard can be made transparent your text next to mail button and the arrow by the show menu button will have to be changed to white as black text on that dark green will not show up well as i stated in my comments regarding the toasts earlier.

i dont know if the falling snow is possible, probably not although would be cool if it were.
12-19-2007 08:16 PM
Oxy
Veteran Member

30 / Male / Flag
The background can seem a little ugly when non set at the images resolution, and the green is a little bright. sorry pal.
[Image: dotlukas.gif]
12-19-2007 08:20 PM
freak544

35 / Male / Flag
Well I changed the light green to a darker green and trying to add 9.0 compatability as we speak

The darker green dashboard may be uploaded tomorrow before 9.0 compability is added

When I make the dash board transparent I will make the text a different colour white sounds good

An update will hopefully be released tomorrow for this skin
12-19-2007 08:44 PM
Pages: (7): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 6 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: