What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Can I stay logged on to multipe hotmail acts with just one instance?

Can I stay logged on to multipe hotmail acts with just one instance?
Author: Message:
happyandyk

O.P. Can I stay logged on to multipe hotmail acts with just one instance?
Cant understand how I could have missed such a wonderful WLM add-on like this one ! Just installed it and am thrilled with the value it adds to WLM.

I have just one question though, searched, but didnt find anything.

I am aware on polygamy, where I can open multiple WLMs, and stay logged on. I wanted to know if there was any way I could open just one instance of WLM  and stay logged on to 3 of my Hotmail accounts, so that i would be intimated if I got a mail (or a chat msg) in any of the 3.

:)

12-17-2007 12:03 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Can I stay logged on to multipe hotmail acts with just one instance?
Sadly this is not possible via plus, unless you have the paid Hotmail service, which enables you to access the POP3 information to configure the e-mail accounts in Messenger Plus

You could always just configure the e-mails to come through Microsoft Outlook, they will come straight through to your desktop and it can download and manage e-mails from all 3 accounts
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5239 days, 16 hours, 20 minutes, 9 seconds ago
12-17-2007 01:37 PM
AngelDevil

MsgPlus! Script Developer

34 / Male / Flag
If I understand you want to open only one instance and with it use three accounts... Now there isn't a function that do it... if instead you want to open one instances and AUTOMATICALLY also the other two instances start, there is a script that do it: it's Poligami. You can download it from this link: http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/view/225-Poligami/
For djdannyp

quote:
Originally posted by happyandyk
I could open just one instance of WLM  and stay logged on to 3 of my Hotmail accounts

I think that "Hotmail accounts" it's not only for e-mails, but it means "Messenger accounts". In fact she says "mail or chat msg"... 8-)

This post was edited on 12-17-2007 at 01:42 PM by AngelDevil.
http://www.amicogeek.it - Technology blog!
12-17-2007 01:39 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Volv
Skinning Contest Winner

34 / Male / Flag
As has been stated there is no easy way to unite your contact lists across multiple accounts. There are other avenues available such as some sort of general window tabbing software (don't ask me which to use - or if there are any such programs :P) which would allow you to place all 3 of your contact lists in tabs for easy switching.
Alternatively you can try multiprotocol software such as Trillian which supports multiple accounts appearing in one contact list and also other Messenger protocols such as IRC, Yahoo, AIM(Pidgin may also support multiple accounts in one contact list and would probably be the better option if it does as it stays relatively up to date) - unfortunately this method results in a loss of many features which are a part of WLM, you will not be able to use MsgPlus or games/activites (and probably some other stuff which doesn't come to mind at this time).

If you only want to check emails however then refer to djdannyp's post above.

This post was edited on 12-17-2007 at 02:05 PM by Volv.
12-17-2007 02:04 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
happyandyk

O.P. RE: Can I stay logged on to multipe hotmail acts with just one instance?
Thank you all for replying. Will check out your suggestions. The poligami script looks interesting.
12-18-2007 05:55 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: