What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » [HELP] Changing Registry Settings From Skinops

[HELP] Changing Registry Settings From Skinops
Author: Message:
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. [HELP] Changing Registry Settings From Skinops
ok heres an interesting question, ive added the options to hide / show the plus preferences and scripts buttons through my skin options panel, however in doing so i now have 2 instances of these buttons on the contact list, the ones used by my options and the ones that plus creates.

now then there are some registry settings to get rid of the ones plus creates which are as follows.

\GlobalSettings ScriptIconContactList dword 1
Boolean value. This setting is only used when the "Add Plus! buttons in the contact list" option is enabled in the preferences. If false (0), the scripts icon is not added to the toolbar.

\GlobalSettings FormatIconChatWnd dword 1
Boolean value. This setting is only used when the "Add Plus! buttons in the chat windows" option is enabled in the preferences. If false (0), the format panel icon is not added to the toolbar.

\GlobalSettings SoundIconChatWnd dword 1
Boolean value. This setting is only used when the "Add Plus! buttons in the chat windows" option is enabled in the preferences. If false (0), the emotion sounds icon is not added to the toolbar.

\GlobalSettings ScriptIconChatWnd dword 1
Boolean value. This setting is only used when the "Add Plus! buttons in the chat windows" option is enabled in the preferences. If false (0), the scripts icon is not added to the toolbar.

now all of these settings are in the registry under HKCU\Software\Patchou\Messenger Plus! Live.

in the thread about hiding elements it says how you can use registry files to launch options like add removal that your not allowed to do via skin options panel, what i want to know is can you automatically trigger a skin to run a registry file automatically upon import of the skin or do something so if my options panel cretes the second set of buttons then skininfo initiates the registry settings to hide the ones plus creates?

any ideas and suggestions on this are welcome. thank you all in advance.
02-24-2008 04:19 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Volv
Skinning Contest Winner

34 / Male / Flag
RE: [HELP] Changing Registry Settings From Skinops
Patchou enlightened me a few months ago about this same problem I had:
quote:
Originally posted by Skinning Docs
element SkinInfo/Options/MessengerPlus/AllowContactListChange
Type: xs:boolean
Default: true
Annotation: Specifies if Messenger Plus! should try to add its icons in the contact list and the contact cards.

This post was edited on 02-24-2008 at 04:30 PM by Volv.
02-24-2008 04:29 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [HELP] Changing Registry Settings From Skinops
thanks volv i foundf the bit your talking about and made the necesarry changes however i noticed something else patchou said, which is quoted below.

quote:
Because most users expect Messenger Plus! features to be accessible in every skin, removing them with these options also means adding them back manually in your windows. If you're familiar enough with definition files to do such a thing, all you need to know is that your buttons need a cmdid attribute ranging from 7801 to 7810. This represents the command ids used by Messenger Plus! in Messenger's windows and any element that sends this id will trigger the same response as the original (like displaying a menu).

the question is which ids are for what button? is there any reference on the plus site at all?

This post was edited on 02-24-2008 at 05:34 PM by stuartbennett.
02-24-2008 05:08 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: