What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website »

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Poll: Do you like my suggestions
Yes
No
[Show Results | Edit Poll]
Note: This is a public poll; other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Author: Message:
warmth
Veteran Member

Electronic Engineer

39 / Male / Flag
O.P.
Well I know this is a forum powered by MyBB and is very difficult to change it... but I know it's possible... and I know that what I'm asking for is not so complicated...

First thing will help that skin and scripts threads that update very much the first post to notify its users that has been changed something there and the second thing is more than obvious that will be very helpful... *-)

thanks in advance...
@warmth - Beta Testing a life!
Official Nokia (former Ovi) Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011)
12-22-2007 08:05 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by warmth
Well I know this is a forum powered by MyBB and is very difficult to change it...
It's no more difficult than modifying any other PHP-based forum software (if you know what you're doing). :p

New PM notification is easy to add... I'll do it soon, and make it optional of course.

quote:
First thing will help that skin and scripts threads that update very much the first post to notify its users that has been changed something there
You want to subscribe to posts, and get an email every time they're edited? :-/ I don't really like that idea... :p

For skins and scripts, I think it would make more sense to have update notifications based on the official databases rather than forum posts. Have you tried using the RSS feeds?
12-23-2007 06:23 AM
warmth
Veteran Member

Electronic Engineer

39 / Male / Flag
O.P.
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
New PM notification is easy to add... I'll do it soon, and make it optional of course.
Very nice to heard that :P

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
You want to subscribe to posts, and get an email every time they're edited? :-/ I don't really like that idea... :p

For skins and scripts, I think it would make more sense to have update notifications based on the official databases rather than forum posts. Have you tried using the RSS feeds?
No no for every post... I wanna subscribe to threads and receive notifications for every new post (as always) and for first post update... Of course I know about RSS but I don't see to much people using it... so I prefer that the people that visit my skin thread and write something or download my skin... get notified if I do update the first post, what actually means a new release or a new comment... :$
@warmth - Beta Testing a life!
Official Nokia (former Ovi) Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011)
12-23-2007 07:20 AM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by warmth
so I prefer that the people that visit my skin thread and write something or download my skin... get notified if I do update the first post, what actually means a new release or a new comment... 
You can always post a new reply stating there is a change in first post or directly copy and paste the changed part to your new reply after editing your first post and the other scripters and skinners must do this I think. I don't think this violates forum rules and also thus only one subscribe button on threads is good, in order not to confuse minds.
12-26-2007 04:23 PM
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
RE: [split] We have an excellent PM system
quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
* ahmetgns checks if e-mail notifications have been added and Enabled by default for new PMs in the forum.
No, it's the holidays... I don't feel like doing work. :zippy:

Why should the notifications be enabled by default? So the board can send more spam? :p
01-02-2008 08:53 AM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
Why should the notifications be enabled by default?
Once upon a time I received a pm reply from Florian(?) about one month after my original pm to him. He said he didn't visit forums so often and couldn't see my pm. The same thing applies for newbies too, they don't see my pms to them (why do I send a pm to a newb, that is another question :P)
01-02-2008 11:45 AM
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
but not by default... they can go enable it... not all of us need that...
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
01-02-2008 04:23 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
Btw, I think my sentence was misunderstood. I meant with "enabled by default" that when it is implemented, the forum's default value will be Enabled. Then if people don't want to receive them, they can go and disable it by hand (This will also make all members aware of that new feature.)

I want this because new members most of the time doesn't go through the options and therefore they can't enable it. So if it is enabled for them by default when they firstly register here, when I send a pm to them, then they will receive the notification and if they wish they can come here and go to the options to disable it.
01-03-2008 10:00 AM
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
The PM notification feature has been added, and it's enabled by default. The email message contains a link to the account options page, so people can easily disable it. [Image: mininana.gif]
01-04-2008 08:16 AM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
Then the feature has been excellent really :D

Why are my posts being moved from thread to thread :P Edit: I just understood how I have been a Posting Freak this morning while my post number was 748 yesterday night.

Btw, I noticed that I voted for No in the poll in this thread. warmth, you must have defined more options for each suggestion, two options are not enough for both :P

This post was edited on 01-04-2008 at 10:19 AM by ahmetgns.
01-04-2008 10:17 AM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: