What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » corrupted chatlogs....

corrupted chatlogs....
Author: Message:
cndbeauty67

this is the text below my avatar

O.P. Sad  corrupted chatlogs....
hokay so, I have a problem.  I uninstalled and reinstalled Plus! a few times trying to fix this problem and now my chatlogs wont open.  I get this error when I try to open any of them:

[Image: 31007025.jpg]

I googled the error and came up with nothing.

Is there anyway to fix this?  How did it happen in the first place?

Thanks in advance,
Jamie
I have no signature..... deal
10-20-2007 01:31 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: corrupted chatlogs....
You said in your previous post that, you use both Messenger Plus! v.3 and Messenger Plus! Live together. And in this screenshot the title of the window is Messenger Plus!. (Edit: I have confirmed that this warning comes from Messenger Plus! v.3)

I doubt you are trying to open a chat log which is encrypted with Messenger Plus! Live by double clicking on it, and it fails to decrypt it.

It is probably because you installed Messenger Plus! v.3 after installing Messenger Plus! Live and all Plus! file associates including .ple have been changed.

Reinstall Messenger Plus! Live once more. I know Messenger Plus! Live supports old Plus!'s encypted chat logs, but as far as  I know old Plus! doesn't new ones.

This post was edited on 10-21-2007 at 08:03 PM by ahmetgns.
10-20-2007 03:45 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
If you confirm all the files can't be opened anymore, please email em one of them (with the password, if possible, but that's not mandatory) to mplus-support@patchou.com .
[Image: signature2.gif]
10-21-2007 04:45 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Yukoyishi

– / Male / Flag
I'm experiencing the same problem with my chat logs. there was previously nothing wrong  with them and they had all been created with messenger plus live 4.23 but today they have refused to open even after asking for and inputting my password i get the same window as "cndbeauty67"
I've installed plus live 4.5, uninstalled and reinstalled it several times and gotten rid of my old version of plus v3. But still i'm having the same problem. Theres no way that 10 months worth of conversations could suddenly corrupt for no reason.. i'm hoping.

Any feedback would be great, cheers.
12-22-2007 08:54 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: