What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Translation » Why our translation isn't included yet?

Why our translation isn't included yet?
Author: Message:
[Sebek]

Polish Translator

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. Why our translation isn't included yet?
It's been more than a year and a half from time where polish translation came for the very first time to the MP!L 4.0. I've updated it when it was necessary to do that, and nothing happened at all. Are there any conditions that I have to accomplish first? I already have an access to the beta site given me by Patchou...
12-23-2007 01:06 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ZrednaZ

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Why our translation isn't included yet?
Well, I don't know if there are any special conditions you don't meet, and last I checked there wasn't an entrance examination you had to pass. Polish should qualify as a language given the size of the country. You have a population of 39 million while we in Denmark have like 5.5. :P What's the further story? Have you been e-mailing the files to Patchou? If so, he must have provided a reason why he didn't include the language...

This post was edited on 12-23-2007 at 10:09 PM by ZrednaZ.
No, I didn't search before
posting. Don't bother asking.
12-23-2007 10:05 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Omar
Spammin' Member!

I have Chrono in my hands! MWAHAHA!!

47 / Male / Flag
people in the country is not the issue...

Patchou is only adding the most used languages... they have to keep the setup file small, thats why a bunch of languages didnt made the cut. Or others got merged (such as spanish and portuguese)
Comunidad Hispana Oficial del Messenger Plus!  
TReKiE, you might as well face it... you are a dutchie (clogs, tulips and all that) :banana:
12-24-2007 12:10 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
[Sebek]

Polish Translator

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Why our translation isn't included yet?
quote:
Originally posted by Omar
people in the country is not the issue...

Patchou is only adding the most used languages... they have to keep the setup file small, thats why a bunch of languages didnt made the cut. Or others got merged (such as spanish and portuguese)

so there's no chance for that? our language won't be included in the nearest future?
12-25-2007 05:32 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by [Sebek]
so there's no chance for that? our language won't be included in the nearest future?
Only Patchou would be able to answer that.

But Omar is correct in stating that the size of the country or the population don't matter, it's indeed the amount of Plus! users from that country which counts.

However, you say you have access to the beta site? So you also recieve the official translator emails during the translation period?

Note that if you're an official translator, you should send the Polish translations directly to Patchou using the email address provided in the translator emails you'll recieve from him; You'll need to follow the instructions given in those emails.

Mail Patchou about this issue using the email address provided in those emails.

PS: if you are indeed an official translator you should also recieve the translator tag on these forums though.

This post was edited on 12-25-2007 at 06:52 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-25-2007 06:46 PM
[Sebek]

Polish Translator

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Only Patchou would be able to answer that.

But Omar is correct in stating that the size of the country or the population don't matter, it's indeed the amount of Plus! users from that country which counts.

However, you say you have access to the beta site? So you also recieve the official translator emails during the translation period?

Note that if you're an official translator, you should send the Polish translations directly to Patchou using the email address provided in the translator emails you'll recieve from him; You'll need to follow the instructions given in those emails.

Mail Patchou about this issue using the email address provided in those emails.

PS: if you are indeed an official translator you should also recieve the translator tag on these forums though.

Yes, I recive the official translator emails, but - I don't know why again - I haven't recived the translator tag yet. But like I said, I have access to the beta site. I'll try to contact with Patchou again, and hopefully we will know more than now.

This post was edited on 12-27-2007 at 04:53 AM by [Sebek].
12-26-2007 03:50 PM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Yes, I recive the official translator emails, but - I don't know why again - I haven't recived the translator tag yet.
I saw the Translator tag under your name before you post this message :S. Didn't you check your profile before posting this?
12-26-2007 04:10 PM
[Sebek]

Polish Translator

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
quote:
Yes, I recive the official translator emails, but - I don't know why again - I haven't recived the translator tag yet.
I saw the Translator tag under your name before you post this message :S. Didn't you check your profile before posting this?

Now I see ;) Great. This might be a sign that something better is comming :D Thanks a lot :D
12-26-2007 08:17 PM
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
After I saw Cookie's post, I confirmed that you were in the official translators database, and added the Translator tag to your profile. You'll still have to contact Patchou about getting your translation included.
12-26-2007 08:46 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: