What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Keeping status on Away when coming off Messenger Lock ?

Keeping status on Away when coming off Messenger Lock ?
Author: Message:
emiliakc

O.P. Undecided  Keeping status on Away when coming off Messenger Lock ?
When i come off Messenger Lock, my status automatically resets itself to being Online. Is there any way from keeping it from doing that ? The only way it seems to work is if i set my status on Away beforehand. But sometimes i forget to do that and i need to use Messenger Lock as quickly as possible. Anyone ?

Cheers

Emilia
12-26-2007 01:50 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Keeping status on Away when coming off Messenger Lock ?
Suggestion: 'Hide Windows'

quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
wow! I had just tested a new thing.

If you disable "change my status" in Messenger Lock options, and write "/away" in "send a message to open chat windows" in 'Options when locking Messenger' and then lock your messenger, it will automatically set your status to Away. And when you unlock, your status will remain as away. :D

But it is important to have an open chat window when locking messenger!!!
I will add something about the method in quote here:

If you also prefer sending a real message (not a command only) while locking messenger in your opened chats, you can define a multiple lined quick text and set its 'Line breaks:' option as "create multiple messages". Then you can set the message like:

I have locked messenger
/away

But to do this, you have to define a shortcut for this quick text (it can be either a message or command) Then put that shortcut in "When locking Messenger send a message in my opened chats" box. I must remind again that you have to have at least one opened convo window for this method to work and commands of MsgPlus! enabled.

Or if you can't always guarantee having a chat window while locking, you can set a personalised status for which you can also set a shortcut and you have to press that hotkey before locking messenger.

This post was edited on 12-27-2007 at 08:21 AM by ahmetgns.
12-26-2007 01:29 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Keeping status on Away when coming off Messenger Lock ?
quote:
Originally posted by emiliakc
When i come off Messenger Lock, my status automatically resets itself to being Online. Is there any way from keeping it from doing that ? The only way it seems to work is if i set my status on Away beforehand. But sometimes i forget to do that and i need to use Messenger Lock as quickly as possible. Anyone ?
What version of Messenger Plus! are you running?

Normally your status will revert back to what it was before you locked Messenger, no matter what that status is....

I think the problem you're experiencing is that you also have "Set my status to Away when I'm inactive for x minutes" enabled in Messenger itself.

When you have that enabled and you lock Messenger, and then you wait for those x minutes as defined in that option, Messenger will set your status to Away. When you unlock Messenger (or do anything else in the mean time), Messenger will detect this as you being active again. This makes that your status will be changed to 'Online' as that is the default status used when you've stopped being inactive for x minutes.

So, check if you have that option enabled. If so, disable it and try to lock your Messenger again. Then unlock it. Normally you will see that you will return to the status which you had before....

This post was edited on 12-26-2007 at 01:42 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-26-2007 01:40 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: