What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Disable sounds when away

Disable sounds when away
Author: Message:
Mephator

O.P. Disable sounds when away
I've got a few customized notifications created, basic stuff like User signs in or User signs out, etc. When these notifications are displayed, a sound is played.

What I'd like to do is keep the sounds from being played when MSN is in an Away/Busy/etc status.

Any ideas?
12-27-2007 09:18 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Disable sounds when away
Plus! > Preferences > General > Sounds > Play sounds when my status is Busy

Although this only works, as you can guess, for when your status is set to busy. When you're Away they will still play.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-27-2007 11:09 AM
Mephator

O.P. RE: Disable sounds when away
I have that unchecked in the hopes that Away would count as Busy, but to no avail. Is there any other way possible?
12-27-2007 01:39 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Yes and no... :p

With just using the Plus! buildin features, the only thing you could still do is to make a custom personalised status too. And use that personalised status instead of the normal Away status.

The custom status would be like this:
    Status Name: <whatever you want>
    Name Tag: Away
    Personal message: <none>
    Auto-responder: <none>
    Show me as: Busy

In that way your true WLM status is still busy, but to people who have Plus! installed you'll be shown as "Away" in the contact list.

This doesn't exactly provide what you want, but it is the closest you can get if you want custom notifications with sounds, but no sounds when your status is Away.

----

If you can script, you have another possebility, and this would be exactly what you want. Only, you need to make your custom notifications within the script and turn of the (online/offline) custom notification in the Plus! preferences.

Such a script can be made fairly complicated (especially if it needs to be user-friendly and take in account Plus! preferences automatically and all), or it can be made pretty simple....

Maybe someone is willing to do it, if you can't...
12-27-2007 02:15 PM
Mephator

O.P. RE: Disable sounds when away
Thanks for the tips.

If I wanted to suggest this ability for inclusion in the program, where would I go about doing that?
12-27-2007 02:23 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Right here in this thread and hope that Patchou sees this ;)

Though, I must say I personaly don't think this will be added anytime soon. The reason being:
A) you can make something with scripts for this.
B) When this is added, it means that for each individual status you need to be able to set if you want Plus!-sounds to be played or not. This means a relative big chance in the GUI. And such changes don't happen a lot.

This post was edited on 12-27-2007 at 02:53 PM by CookieRevised.
12-27-2007 02:50 PM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
but to people who have Plus! installed you'll be shown as "Away" in the contact list.
Not only to people who have Plus! installed. Everyone will see the tag but with different formats. People who have Plus! will see it like (Away) but to people who don't have Plus!, it is {Away}, there is no much difference in fact.

What I want to recommend in fact is : Mute - Mute Messenger and Plus! sounds without having to set your status to Busy. I hope it helps you.

This post was edited on 12-27-2007 at 10:05 PM by ahmetgns.
12-27-2007 10:04 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
1) You're forgetting about Plus!3
2) "Mute" will not react on status changes
3) "Mute" will not mute sounds from custom notifications, which is exactly what he is asking for.
4) To enable mute he needs to select a menu item or type a command (after installing the script). Just making a custom status like I said above is way less work and much quicker.

5) And even if it was what he was looking for, "Mute" will not work for all WLM versions since in some cases the registry keys have changed...

This post was edited on 12-28-2007 at 12:16 AM by CookieRevised.
12-28-2007 12:14 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: