What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Intermittent access

Intermittent access
Author: Message:
jsant

O.P. Intermittent access
I had to replace my router with an Ativa 54g wireless router...made by Belkin.  I can connect to the internet and go to web pages just fine but when I use Messenger live and someone sends me a message, I can get one or two then it stoppes receiving.  Sometimes, if I wait, then I'll get 4 or 5 in a row as if the person I'm talking to responds to my message and their messages end up in a queue and then get sent at once.  I've tried resetting the router and modem to no avail.  I've called Belkin and their tech support is in the far east somewhere and are barely understandable.  Worse yet, they are rude and impatient.  Any help would be appreciated.  I assume that the problem is with the router settings as it does the same thing on Yahoo messenger.

Thanks
01-02-2008 05:29 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Intermittent access
If you go to the Connection Troubleshooter in WLM (Tools > Options > Connection > Start), is it successful? I'm guessing there may be problems with the key ports.

Also, what firewall are you using?

Oh and make sure the firmware for your router is up to date. May be here, but you'll need the specific name of the router in order to get the correct firmware.

You could always try on a Belkin support forum.

This post was edited on 01-02-2008 at 05:49 AM by Chris4.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
01-02-2008 05:41 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
jsant

O.P. RE: Intermittent access
I am using Panda antivirus and firewall, but I have tried disabling the firewall and that doesn't seem to help.  I've run the troubleshooter and it says that everything is working fine.  I'm able to surf the internet just fine...I'm just having problems with the IM programs.  I am so disillusioned with Belkin's tech support that I've been trying to solve this without going back to them.
01-02-2008 06:56 PM
klois

RE: Intermittent access
I'm the same problem, I can connect to the internet but I can't connect to any of the messengers I use, including windows live messenger. I also cannot connect to any online games that I play.
I've disabled all my firewalls and I've restarted my modem, router and computer, and even tried not using my router. It would usually log on to a messenger, and then log out a minute later. After awhile it logged out faster.
01-15-2008 04:05 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: