What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Perfume/'Fragrance' Adverts

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
Perfume/'Fragrance' Adverts
Author: Message:
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Perfume/'Fragrance' Adverts
You needn't lecture me on marketing and the subconscious mind, I've had lectures and briefly studied it before.

You say I'm not the target audience, well they're aiming a double edged sword really, the intended targets are in my opinion and reasons for; women to think that looks nice I wouldn't mind that, then possibly mention it to the man they would like to receive the gift from. Men hmm my "insert female relation here" wouldn't mind that, I think. Generally I think it's men that are expected to buy the stuff though.

And usually yeah I'm not the one suckered into advertising blindness, I will base my choices on personal opinion and review not saying that I am not influenced by others, if I read a review of a product by someone that I know/respect and have generally agreed on their opinions before that will most likely influence my decision, but then sometimes I will still persevere to form my own opinions. Going back to my statement earlier about stella artois ads, the ads are entertaining I like them, but I don't particularly like the beer.

anyway I made this thread really to just hear others opinions on TV ads for such items, not to discuss marketing strategies really :S
12-23-2007 04:54 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
saralk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Perfume/'Fragrance' Adverts
quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
anyway I made this thread really to just hear others opinions on TV ads for such items, not to discuss marketing strategies really

Yeah, it's a funny thing, conversation.
The Artist Formerly Known As saralk
London · New York · Paris
Est. 1989
12-23-2007 04:56 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
MC Inferno
Veteran Member

www.mcinferno.co.uk

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Perfume/'Fragrance' Adverts
Two adverts I hate.

1. Lacoste Pink. Despise it with a passion, very mysognistic in my eyes. "Erm, we've made lacoste for girls? Erm... We'll call it PINK because thats girly, and have a blond girl running round chasing ribbons and shit because that's all they know, y'know, they wont pay much notice being girls and all. Propa targeted at teen girls, and to me, it says "Pink! Yay! Don't have no hope or ideas in life! You just chase those ribbons!"

2. Direct Line. Adverts make you want to buy things, or at least, thats the point. I see DL, and think, you got moaning bastards chatting about insurance, thats it. Now, I know its not alot fun because I've worked in the industry and alot of close relatives still, do but these people bitch about how crap it is, DL offer them a good deal (better, appountly) and then they jus shrug "thats better." Piss off. Don't waste my time. Makes me NOT want to take it with them.

The NCD-bonus-blatently-advertising-fronted-policies-and-high-excess-build-on-young-drivers thing is pretty good though. An illegal loophole, but good. (Offtopic rant... only I will get it :P)

This post was edited on 12-30-2007 at 04:55 AM by MC Inferno.
12-30-2007 04:52 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: